DjangoBooks.com

A case for a Gitane D-500?

2»

Comments

• drollingdrolling New
    Thanks,
    Just scoured Alain's site and couldn't find the them 'till I typed "case" in the dialogue box. What a nice selection. Cool colours, too. Which one did you get, Mac? Would it accomodate the longer scaled (27") oval hole Gitanes?
    dr
  • Mac HackMac Hack San Diego, CANew
    drolling wrote:
    Thanks,
    Just scoured Alain's site and couldn't find the them 'till I typed "case" in the dialogue box. What a nice selection. Cool colours, too. Which one did you get, Mac? Would it accomodate the longer scaled (27") oval hole Gitanes?
    dr

Wow, I didn't know that they had pictures of the cases on the website. I believe that when I ordered mine that someone on another forum had suggested that I just give them a phone call. I found the number on the website and soon found myself talking to Alain himself. At the time I remember that he offered three different types of cases varying in price. I told him that I wanted a vintage looking Selmer case and trusted his good judgement. The one he sent me is black and is exactly what I had been hoping to find.

The case looks like it would definitely accomodate the longer scale guitars but you might want to call them first to double check this before ordering. But I'm betting it would because with my grande bouche in case it looks like there is a good two inches headroom to accomodate the longer neck of a petite bouche. The case cradles the body perfectly such that even the case is asymetrical to match the cutaway. Too cool!
    "On apprend tous les jours." - Stéphane Grappelli
  • drollingdrolling New
    Thanks, Mac

That's what I was hoping to hear. The body shape on the various Gitanes is pretty much identical, so all I'd need is space on top. Sounds like you got the no-frills $149 case. He's got some fancy molded fibreglass ones in bright green & dayglo red, but I'm just an uptight, conservative gadjo and basic black's best for me,
    regards,
    david r