DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    Used! Already! Someone selling.... Oh dear.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Funny...people are so easily spooked. People tend to think that every used guitar must have some fatal flaw. I guess that's the nature of internet guitar sales. All you have to go on is some photos, recommendations, and your own imagination. And often the imagination can run wild...

The few people that actually come to my place and try the guitars often find the ones they hadn't even considered online are actually the best sounding ones.

Fortunately, used guitars are often sold for reasons other then simply being a lemon. In this case, the owner decided he wanted a D hole VR. That's all....was sad to see this one go as it is an impeccable guitar but he really wanted the D hole type sound.

'm
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    I so know what that's like. Being a lefty, chances of finding the guitar you're after within a reasonable distance,

no, scrap that,

finding one at all without it having to be made for you, are pretty slim.

Nearly all my guitars i've bought without trying first...
    Living in England, my Dupont came from a shop in Toronto,.. go figure... it was the easiest n cheapest n fastest way to get one...

What it's like on paper & what it IS are two totally different things. You lucky right handed players with your choice & your just play a few & see which one you like best approach to buying guitars..

I'm sure all the Dupont Busato's are real good.... Just don't think i'm likely to encounter a lefthanded one without coughing up a lot of cash 10 months before.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    pinkgary wrote:
    I so know what that's like. Being a lefty, chances of finding the guitar you're after within a reasonable distance,

I don't know how you guys do it...especially in a niche genre like Gypsy jazz. You're lucky if you can even find one for sale anywhere! But there's a bright side....think of all the $ you'll save by not having constant GAS attacks. :D

I'm sure all the Dupont Busato's are real good.... Just don't think h'm likely to encounter a left handed one without coughing up a lot of cash 10 months before.

That would definitely be a special order! But Dupont is fast....I'd say 3 months to get one made.

'm
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    The few people that actually come to my place and try the guitars often find the ones they hadn't even considered online are actually the best sounding ones.
    That happened to me when I bought my Dupont, I went to Mazzolenni's place to pick up one guitar I had put on hold and after trying a few I left with a different one.
    Impossible to tell how an instrument might sound and feel like from looking at a picture on your screen. (for a long time I've been dreaming about online guitar stores having sound clip samples about specific guitars along with a brief description of neck profile and overall feel, though that'll only get you so far)
    In the end you might save up time and money going where the guitar's at.

But we're lucky to have Michael, he must be the most honest seller out there, he'll actually tell you when a guitar he sells is not good!! He might even recomend a cheaper one if it sounds better!! That's unheard of in this business... only at Djangobooks.