DjangoBooks.com

FS 1949 Gibson ES-175 Arch Top Hollow Body Electric Guitar

chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2009 in Classifieds Posts: 125
Gibson ES-175 Arch Top Hollow Body Electric Guitar (1949)

Gibson ES-175 Model Arch Top Hollow Body Electric Guitar (1949), made in Kalamazoo, Michigan, serial # A 3620, sunburst lacquer finish, laminated maple body, mahogany neck, original brown hard shell case.

A really excellent example of an early ES-175, from the first year of issue for this Gibson classic. This is an especially attractive 175, with a perfect dark sunburst top and a slightly bigger neck profile than later models.

Overall length is 40 1/2 in. (102.9 cm.), 16 in. (40.6 cm.) wide at lower bout, and 3 1/4 in. (8.2 cm.) in depth at side, taken at the end block. Scale length is 24 3/4 in. (629 mm.). Very clean overall and a nicely preserved example. Tuners are older repro Klusons and the nut is newer, and there is an added strap button to the heel. The finish and frets are in exceptionally fine condition and this is a great playing and sounding example of Gibson's "workingman's jazz" classic.

5000.00... NEW PRICE/RECESSION SPECIAL: 4200 + SHIPPING.
charlie

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    :shock: DAMN :shock:
    I need to come up with 5 large quick.
    Damn and Just when I am trying to save up for a good nylon string!
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    I have a clip somewhere of Dennis Chang noodling around on this guitar through my litttle vintage Gibson tube amp. I'll try to post it soon.
    charlie
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    This is a few clips of Dennis Chang during a lesson at my house when he was in NY. Gives you some idea of the sound of the instrument.
    charlie
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    I am lowering the price of this guitar to 4200.00 plus shipping and insurance.

This is an amazing axe but I really need to move it.

Charlie
    charlie