DjangoBooks.com

AT Pro70 VS. AT 831b

Has anyone compared these two mics? I know the AT831b has a wider response and dynamic range, but I was wandering if in the real world this makes it more susceptible to feedback.

Thanks,
Jason

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    edited March 2009 Posts: 6,152
    The 831b definitely sounds better and it's worth the extra cost if you can afford it. The high end response is much better...clearer and more detailed. I haven't noticed any difference in feedback suppression.

Audio-Technica AT831B Lavaliere Condenser Microphone

Audio-Technica
    AT831B Lavaliere Condenser Microphone

'm
  • PaganiniPaganini New
    I bought the AT831b a few weeks ago. I think it's really good! I tried for hours to get the best spot for the mic. there are big differences in sound depending on where you put it. I finally ended up putting it inside the soundhole with some putty, it gives the best sound sofar and not so much feedback. It is a lot better than all the mics/pick-ups I tried in the past.
    A bigtone is nothing compared to this, it's really worth the money.

Problem is that after the AT mic you want to go for another amp again...it simply never ends trying to get 'that' sound..and despite the gearthing I still do not play like Bireli... :cry:
  • jscook777jscook777 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Micheal, that answered my question perfectly. Now I think my debit card is going to be swiped again at Djangobooks, don't tell my girlfriend.

Pag, I know what you mean.