DjangoBooks.com

Andreas Online Guitar School!

AndreasObergAndreasOberg Stockholm,SwedenModerator
edited December 2013 in Gypsy Fire Posts: 522
Hey,
I'm about to launch a new guitar site/community (January 2009) where people can study guitar with me online. You can download my videos (all levels, many styles) and also upload your own videos and get feedback from me.
Check it out!
All the best
Andreas
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andreas Guitar Universe [url]http://www.andreasguitaruniverse.com[/url]

Type: Entertainment & Arts - Online Media

Description: Andreas Oberg Guitar Universe is a new guitar site/community based on new patented technology that enables video exchange lessons with Andreas online.

Andreas and ArtistWorks, (a Napa based company) are business partners and the site will be launched in Jan 09.

ArtistWorks was founded by David and Patricia Butler. David Butler was one of the primary people at AOL, America Online while the company grew from 100 to over 25 000 employes. Andreas Oberg is a well known Swedish guitarist who has performed world wide with artists like Les Paul, Eros Ramazzotti and Barbara Hendricks, just to name a few.

The concept of Andreas' online guitar school is that students will watch pre-recorded lessons, and work on the material Andreas presents. The lessons cover many styles like blues, jazz, rock etc, and there are lessons for beginners all the way up to very advanced players. At various points in the lessons, Andreas invites students to record short videos of themselves playing assignments (using any webcam camera). Andreas will review these student-submitted videos, and provide feedback to the student to help them improve. These exchanges between Andreas and the students are posted for all the students to see. In that way all students will benefit. By working with real students, his guitar method will be further fleshed-out and enhanced, and more and more material will be added to the online guitar school over time.

The guitar method is progressive, and the first block of lessons begins at an extremely basic level (he even explains how to tune a guitar), chords, barre chords, etc. In a second group of lessons he teaches the guitar techniques used in pop, rock, and blues, focusing on pentatonic scales as the foundation of soloing in those types of music. His grasp of the guitar is encyclopedic, to the point where he even gives a couple of lessons on Chet Atkins fingerstyle guitar. A third block of lessons covers basic jazz and jazz guitar technique. Andreas' approach is very focused, and has a personal view on improvisation (combining ear training and theory). Andreas is formally trained at the Swedish Music Academy, and he is comfortable with the academic approach to teaching improvisation. Also, Andreas teaches his students to see the "whole" fret board of the guitar, rather than what he describes as "boxes" (fingerings). You see this when you watch him perform; he plays lines up and down the fretboard in a totally effortless manor. The fourth block continues with advanced jazz guitar concepts, and much more advanced concepts of improvisation and chord extensions. The final block is Gypsy guitar style. Andreas explains how Django Reinhardt's music style developed, and the techniques which underlined his playing.

Other features on the site will have information and entertainment, including interviews, performance footage from Andreas concerts, and more.

With Andreas' nationality and reach, his online school will be an international hub of guitarists, an online brotherhood and sisterhood of guitarists. Andreas enjoys teaching students at all levels, including beginners, and he travels the world constantly. The Andreas Oberg Guitar Universe will host this international guitar community, providing a gathering place and offering community features such as forums, audio and video chat for guitarists all over the world. Andreas is particularly interested in the fact that guitarists will be able to share ideas and exchange music on his site.

The pricing will be very reasonable to make it easy for guitarists all over the world to enroll. Visit [url=http://www.andreasguitaruniverse.com]http://www.andreasguitaruniverse.com[/url] and submit your e-mail for info on launching date and updates!

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Nice! I'm in!
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    nice, so if i record myself tuning my guitar and upload it to the site, will you give me feedback?

:lol::lol::lol:

speaking of tuning, gypsies are pretty bad at that, for some reason they tune from the high open string to the low open string, and it often ends up slightly out of tune...

i remember having to tune wawau 's guitar during the shooting of the DVD...

maybe we can go to samois and film gypsies tuning the guitars and submit it to andreas' guitar universe and have you correct them
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    Are you looking for other tutors to put lessons up? 'Cos over the past 10 years of teaching i have perfected the "first guitar lesson", explaining how the instrument works & what to do with it. I'd happily share... I'll leave the more complicated stuff to the likes of yourself & Dennis though..
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    dennis wrote:
    speaking of tuning, gypsies are pretty bad at that, for some reason they tune from the high open string to the low open string, and it often ends up slightly out of tune...

Are you insinuating I'm a gypsy? I've been doing that for almost 40 years now! :D
  • AndreasObergAndreasOberg Stockholm,SwedenModerator
    Well, teaching the absolute beginners is really challenging and that's one of the things I did put a lot of effort on during the video taping.
    It's rare that pro's teach these really basic lessons and I since I've come up with my own approach, I'm looking forward to some feedback when the site is up!

Regards Andreas

ps. here comes the press release:

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Email: [email protected]

EUROPEAN GUITAR PHENOM ANDREAS OBERG TO LAUNCH ONLINE GUITAR SCHOOL
    Andreas Oberg partners with ArtistWorks to create The “Andreas Oberg Guitar Universe”

11/11/08 Napa CA
    ArtistWorks, Inc announced today that they have partnered with Resonance Records recording artist Andreas Oberg to create the “Andreas Oberg Guitar Universe”, an online video guitar school. Launching early 2009, the online guitar school is expected to attract guitar students from all over the world. Student members post videos on the site and, utilizing ArtistWorks’ VMS video handling system, Mr. Oberg responds to these student videos from anywhere in the world he is playing. Andreas is offering his personal guidance and suggestions to all levels of players, creating a one-to-one learning experience, breaking the barrier to one sided DVD learning.

At his online guitar school, Mr. Oberg will teach many diverse styles of jazz, pop, fusion and blues to all levels of guitarists. As an additional specialty, Mr. Oberg teaches Europe’s main contribution to jazz, Gypsy jazz, the legacy of Django Reinhart. “We are proud to have Andreas as our latest partner,” says David Butler, CEO of ArtistWorks. “He is a new kind of guitarist, a master musician who is embracing technology as a way to expand his reach and influence. He is a rising star, destined to be one of history’s greatest guitarists and guitar proponents.” The Guitar Universe expects to launch late January or early February.

####

About Andreas Oberg
    Andreas Oberg was born in Stockholm Sweden and is a graduate of the Royal Music Academy in Stockholm. Andreas has quickly become one the fastest-rising guitar stars in the world, recording and touring throughout the US, Europe, Sweden and Asia. He is one of the famed “Benedetto Players and his most recent CD is “My Favorite Guitars” released by Resonance Records.
    [url=http://www.andreasguitaruniverse.com/]http://www.andreasguitaruniverse.com/[/url]

About ArtistWorks, Inc:
    ArtistWorks “Teach the world” is a Napa, California company that develops Internet-based subscription businesses in partnership with leading musicians and other world-renown experts. Utilizing an ArtistWorks proprietary teaching platform, artist/teachers deliver an immersive educational experience to their online student communities. ArtistWorks' Video Management System gives the artist/teachers the ability to interact with a large community and leave a lasting legacy through teaching their art .
    [url=http://www.artistworks.com]www.artistworks.com[/url]
    Hi man,
    Any news on the launch date??
    The site is delayed due to a new high-tech platform with chat and a lot of other features. we're soon going into beta testing so hopefully up and running in a few weeks! spread the word, peace and happy Easter!
    Andreas
    NEW LANDING PAGE AND NEW VIDEO TRAILER!
    THE SITE IS OPENING IN A FEW WEEKS, SUBMIT YOUR E-MAIL FOR MORE INFO :)
    All the best
    Andreas
    http://www.andreasguitaruniverse.com
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    Hi Andreas! Grat idea! ;)
    Has already been online for a while now... join! I was on the site for a few months and learned a lot... Not that much in the Manouche style but a lot of jazz and improvisation stuff
    Andreas is a great musician! A beautiful person too...