DjangoBooks.com

Dupont MD50B 2001 *SOLD*

Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
edited April 2009 in Classifieds Posts: 795
2001 Dupont MD50B. The MD50 needs no introduction here. The "B" denotes Brazilian backs and sides (laminated) with curly maple binding, gorgeous. Upgraded w/ enclosed DM tuners and a Deluxe Bigtone. Refretted before I bought it with wider, taller frets which I find very nice to play. Minimal fret wear.

Wonderful tone. Very playable, set up at just shy of 3mm. Excellent condition. Has some nicks and dings, standard stuff for a well played & gigged guitar.

$3,400 with hardshell case, including UPS Ground shipping to lower 48. Will ship anywhere else for the actual shipping charges and fees. Money Order or Paypal. 48 hour approval. If not happy, return for full refund less shipping and Paypal fees if applicable.

Email if you have questions. I'm online most of the time M-F. If you don't hear back from me quickly, post a note here, I may not have gotten your message for all the various reason email doesn't always work.

Craig

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Holy cow... that's Josh's old guitar, right? That thing is the bomb...

I know, I know... I'm not your mother, but ... think about that one before you sell it...

(I tried to talk Josh out of selling it too...)
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Unfortunately, not all the Duponts are the same. This one is amongst the best I've played.
    I am 110% with Bob. This guitar has a great range of tones, and it follows you if you want to push it with a different attack to get a particular sound or in order to get more volume.
    If I could, I would get it now before Craig changes his mind.
    - JG
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Bob Holo wrote:
    Holy cow... that's Josh's old guitar, right? That thing is the bomb...

Yeah, this is Josh's old guitar. He had it at Django in June 2007 and I offered to buy it on the spot. He politely said "you are about 4th in line". February a year ago it came up on Djangobooks. I wasn't really looking for a guitar at the time but emailed Michael immediately and owned it within 30 minutes of it being posted. An impulse buy, but never regretted it.

It is indeed a great guitar and I am selling only because 1) Frankly, I could use the money (kid in college, unexpected expenses) and 2) I'm building the occasional guitar and I'm enjoying playing what I build.

Craig
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    I'll consider buying this if someone will buy my Gallato 452 model from 2003.
    I jammed with Josh at DFNW when he had this Dupont and my Gallato held up pretty well against it. Cheers, Phil
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Then I need to say the same thing :
    I consider buying it as well if someone wants to buy my Shelley Park Encore 2002, black "tuxedo" finish with waverly tuners, and Bigtone !
    It's a wonderfull guitar, but right now I am mostly looking for something that relates more to the Dupont family...
    It's actually here :
    http://www.gypsyguitars.com/makers.php?id=21&status_id=
    - JG
  • SorefSoref Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭
    Yay for tax refunds! Hey Craig, please make sure to check your inbox, I am seriously interested in this guitar. Absolutely a great instrument, I played it when it was Josh's at Django In June two years ago, and wow! Hope to hear from you soon. Hopefully it hasn't been snatched up yet.

-Jack