DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

LukasSholl RenaldoKAS nickos

Acoustic amps for GJ guitars

FingersFingers Los Angeles, California...the ValleyNew
Has anyone tried a Fender Acoustasonic or a Fishman Loudbox with a Gypsy guitar, say with a Bigtone or Stimer in it?

Comments

• Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    I think a Stimer would be better through a regular Fender amp, like a Deluxe Reverb. That pickup isn't designed for an acoustic tone.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the Bigtone
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Tele's right, A Fender Pro Junior is a great match with the Stimer and portable enough.
    For the bigtone a Roland ac60 is OK if you can't afford the AER.
    It's just my opinion, I look for a good compromise between size /weight and sound /power... if an amp is too heavy i don't care if it sounds like heaven carrying that around to gigs is going to be hell.
  • FingersFingers Los Angeles, California...the ValleyNew
    Thanks guys.

I am very curious about this Fishman LoudBox. It has a bunch of good features-two channels, one with XLR and each channel has a dedicated effects loop.

I am certain from all I have read that it will sound good with the usual pickup systems available for acoustics today..... I was just keen to find out how it sounds with a Gypsy Jazz guitar with a Bigtone.

Interesting about the Stimer being better suited to a regular Fender Comb. Makes sense as it is a regular magnetic rather than a piezo.
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ stringphonic
    Prior to buying a PA, I used the loudbox and thought it sounded very good. I also compared it side by side with an Ultrasound amp, known for a great "acoustic" sound. The two amps sounded nearly identical. The loudbox is also louder than hell!
  • FingersFingers Los Angeles, California...the ValleyNew
    Nice Constantine.....were you using a Bigtone on your guitar?
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ stringphonic
    No I used a fishman undersaddle piezo thing and later a magnetic pickup
  • The LosThe Los San DiegoNew
    I did a gig not too long ago and a buddy of mine had a Fishman. He was using an Audio-Technica Pro70 mic. It sounded very natural. I was jealous!