DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Andreas, Thanks for posting this. Once again more great stuff Birelli!
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Not to be a sourpuss-there's some great stuff there-but I can't help but notice that if you go to the parent directory there's a J'Attendrai transcription that at least one of us would find awfully familiar...right down to the copyright notice. I hope it'll at least lead people to the book. (For what it's worth, there's also a Bousquet track, for those who have been following that other thread...)

Best,
    Jack.
  • ramsezazramsezaz Paris, FranceNew
    I've mailed Favino881. He didn't intend to make it publicly available. He'll remove the transcription from his site.

This bigband thing with bireli is really sweet ! His minor swing is excellent, showing that speed isn't everything. Ilove when he plays like this
    my lutherie blog : http://ramsezaz/blogspot.com
  • favino881favino881 Strasbourg, France✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

First of all let me apologize to Michael, and as Ramsezaz said, there was no intention from me to make it publicly available.
    I just wanted to explain to some friends what annotations or modifications I wanted to add to Michael's remarkable transcription, after I carefully watched Django's video. And it was easier to scan it and publish it on a place that nobody else was supposed to access, than writting down on a post that :
    on page 1
    - 3rd chord diagram is not C5 (xx5588) but more CM (xxx988)
    - chord diagram on measure 5 is not C°7 (xx4545) but more (xx4547)
    - chord diagram on measure 6 is not Dm (xx776x) but more Dm6 (xx7767)
    on page 3
    - chord diagram on measure 3 is not G7 (3x343x) but more (3x344x)
    on page 4
    - chord diagram on measure 12 is not D°7 (x5x46) but more (xx5656)
    - chord diagram on measure 13 is not C7 (xx8988) but more (xx8788)

And so on, with very minor things compared to the remarkable work (I say it again so maybe he will forgive me!!) of Michael.
    In the end, no intention to offend anybody, earn money from Michael's book, or influence the sales! :wink:

Just wanted to share a few things with a few friends with the tools I had at this time.

By the way, now that I have taken the time to write all this down, I have removed the scans from my personal pages! :wink:

Have a nice swing, and enjoy Bireli's files with the HR big band (to my knowledge, no official CD or video exist for this, that is why I made them available).
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    thanks for taking that down....i definitely feel better knowing that all that hard work is not being given away for free!

At some point I'll go through your corrections. It's always nice to have other people's input.

Although, I'm not so sure about your first correction. I do not hear a 3rd in that first C chord. Furthermore, if you look at the vid Django's finger's are no where near the position they'd need to be in to produce the chord you suggested.

Thanks!

'm