DjangoBooks.com

1951 Selmer Petite Bouche Guitar #863 with ORIGINAL Case

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    For all of you who inquired about this one...here's another shot at it! Among the best Selmers I've seen and was absolutely cherished for less then two weeks by it's current owner. Unfortunately he's suffered a life changing setback and has no need for this wonderful guitar.

So here it is again!

'm
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Well, I got to spend some quality time with this one and man... I hope it finds its way into the hands of someone who will play it. This is a really wonderful guitar. It has very little lowend - it's all mids and trebles, but with huge depth to the sound. It's not a flashy sounding guitar - it's just so "right" sounding - and plenty loud. It is setup on the lowside - well - not terribly low, actually pretty much exactly how every 'A' list lead player I've ever set up a guitar for has requested. ~2.65mm / ~2.1mm for the Low/High E's. With my heavier hand I preferred putting a 0.6mm rosewood shim under the bass side of the bridge bringing it to just under 3mm for the low E & ~2.2m for the high E. (in this dry weather - though with more humidity the action will be higher so I probably wouldn't use a shim.) Actually, at 3mm/2.2mm it has a nicely rounded and balanced bass. I wouldn't take the action any higher - that's not what this guitar is about. If you want bass, get a guitar with lots of bass... but that is not this guitar. This is a S.e.l.m.e.r. If I had the money, I'd buy this guitar. Period.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    Michael, will you be able to make a video of this to add to the collection?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I'll try and make a vid before it sells...

'm