gonegone New
edited July 2009 in Welcome Posts: 27
Hey guys we are putting around 80 songs on youtube under
GYPSY JAZZ PLAY ALONG

have fun,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXOUagHP ... re=related

Gonzalo

Comments

• pmgpmg Atherton, CANew Dupont MD50R, Shelley Park Custom, Super 400, 68 Les Paul Deluxe, Stevie Ray Strat
    Gonzalo,

Very cool and very generous of your time/efforts!!! Can you provide a download link for just the audio mp3 files?
    I'm always interested in jamming with experienced jazz and gypsy jazz players in the San Francisco - San Jose area. Drop me a line. Bass players welcome!
  • gonegone New
    That's the catch, we will be selling a CD with about 100 mp3 play along tracks pretty soon.
    I'm sure people out there know how to download the file,
    hopefully they wont!!! but what can i do!!!!!
  • pmgpmg Atherton, CANew Dupont MD50R, Shelley Park Custom, Super 400, 68 Les Paul Deluxe, Stevie Ray Strat
    Great I'll wait for the CD. Presume there is a bass player as I couldn't hear one on my poor PDA speaker.
    I'm always interested in jamming with experienced jazz and gypsy jazz players in the San Francisco - San Jose area. Drop me a line. Bass players welcome!
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    nice! looks like you did it faster than I did, I've been working on this for months, and we still haven't recorded the bass yet.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Great work, man.

You know what I like about it is that it illustrates a really important point that is so overlooked... that good rhythm isn't necessarily complex rhythm. When you really listen to the rhythm of a great band it's a pulse - and when you hear people playing in jams etc. it's often so ornate - with stops and other artifice & little rhythmic things that distract and that make the rhythm vary in tempo just enough to throw things off a little and make it more difficult to concentrate because along with trying to put your thoughts into music, you're also trying to keep track of the beat.

But this is big basic & chunky... sits in the pocket... This is a good foundation over which to play
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Thanks a lot Gonzalo!