DjangoBooks.com

Saga's finally making cases for Gitanes

Just read this over at Yahoo;

"In a phone call to SAGA today, they said the prototype of a dedicated case for the Sel/Mac guitars has been reviewed and approved and they expect to receive them with in 6-8 weeks.

Secondly I asked about one point on their web site of the description of the Jorgenson DG-300 which states "limited". Their response was that there was a time frame contract with Jorgenson and they will produce as many as they can sell within the limits of the agreement.. That's a little bit better than the Martin Eric Clapton Limited Edition which is now over 7000 units."

It's about time.
dr

Comments

• BohemianBohemian State of Jefferson✭✭✭✭
    That was my post on Yahoo.

One of the reasons that I have not purchased a Gitane is the lack of a dedicated proper case.

I also asked about other models in the works, specifically a 14 fret D.
    According to the yawning respondant, "no plans"

But nice to hear there will be a case available in the near future.
  • drollingdrolling New
    Thank you Bo!

left a note over at JJ's message board regarding the "limitedness" of his signature guitar. He usually responds to my puerile questioning.
    dr
  • BohemianBohemian State of Jefferson✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting to hear JJ's reply to the same question.
  • Alan HighAlan High New
    Hi, Please give me your opinion of saga guitars as some tell me they are great and others not to touch them with a barge pole !(Especially the French shops I have visited)

Thanks so much,
    Alan.(Living in France)
  • djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
    Alan, personally, I absolutely LOVE my Saga Gitane DG-250M. It needed a little tweaking out of the box, but it plays and sounds great, projecting beautifully.

I have no doubt that there are better gypsy instruments out there, but I very much doubt that you'll get one with more bang for the buck. As far as Gitanes go, the 250M is my favorite. I've also played the JJ model, which is very nice, especially if you like a thicker neck. The action on the one I played was very high - not sure how much it could be brought down. I've also played the DG-255, which is nice, but doesn't sound as bright as the DG-250M.
  • ramsezazramsezaz Paris, FranceNew
    Hi,
    I've been struggling to find a case for my Anastasio recently. It seems all I could find was Jumbo Case. IN some of them my guitar fitted quite well (at least for the body part). But damn those cases are Huge and Heavy.
    So I was wondering if there were any news concerning those dedicated Gypsy Guitar Cases ?
    my lutherie blog : http://ramsezaz/blogspot.com
  • ScotsmanScotsman MinnesotaNew
    I found this on Ebay http://search-desc.ebay.com/gypsy-guita ... ameZRC0021
    I've seen these for the last few months on Ebay but I don't know how good they are :?:
  • TenorClefTenorClef UKNew
    I got a gypsy case off ebay which is a perfect fit for my gitane, its a somewhat boutique style case in that it is made of solid wood and covered in a yellowish green tweed fabric, everyone has remarked on it as you don't see these type of guitar cases in the UK often. Some of the guys thought my Gitane was made in the 30's because of the guitar case! Well worth checking out.
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500