DjangoBooks.com

manouche modele jazz moreno model..

rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
edited September 2013 in Welcome Posts: 605
Just a quick one, mine is number 60 and I just wondered where its brothers are around the world. Mine resides here in Dublin and is the greatest thing since sliced bread..just curious.. :)
I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell

Comments

• pdaiglepdaigle Montreal, QCNew
    Mine is number 56. I really like this guitar: it is aging quite nicely.

It resides in Montreal, QC.

Fun thread for Manouche Guitar owners...I will be following it.

Cheers,
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Heres mine in its first gig, he says bonjour to yours by the way.
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I had an oval hole #64 and a d-hole #65 until a couple of months ago. Both guitars were really terrific I have pics posted on the forum somewhere under classifieds. Both were sold to good homes to help pay for the vintage guitars I bought, but I was sad to see tham go. They were both great guitars, and in many ways the ultimate touring guitar: cheap enough to replace if it was damaged, but with sound good enough to gig with. The oval hole is still in New Jersey and the d-hole is now in Minnesota. I believe both are gigging regularly.

I am a big fan of Manouche guitars, especially those early ones. I haven't played any newer ones. I still have my nylon string Modele Concert #72. I love this guitar when I am in hotels, because I can play it to death and not disturb people with the big volume of the steel string models.

I think Manouche has made the perfect transitional guitar to get a player from the Saga level guitars to luthier built instuments. I just haven't come across another factory-built guitar that compares. I really miss the big sound that the d-hole had!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • RicardoRicardo Cornwall UKNew
    Number #70 Is alive and well in 'not so sunny' Cornwall, uk. It must like the damp weather we have had this summer as it seems to have really warmed in tone over the last two months. I really want a hand made from France but the Manouche does make me wonder wether to bother.
    Not now dear, I have a terrible Djangover.
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    #20 is in Monza, Italy waiting for the upcoming Grand Premio to roar...
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Frater, I am jealous. I haven't been to Monza since 1999! We sat in the bleachers between the Lesmos, which is a great place to watch variances in driving skill and style. Awesome venue for racing! I've driven the old Nurburgring and thge old Spa and Reims circuits, but I'd dearly love to do a lap of Monza.

Have a great time!
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Wow Michael, it took some skills (leave alone guts!) to drive the old Nurburgring... respect!
    Driving the Ring was the single most thrilling (and frightening) thing I have ever done. Every nerve and fiber is on edge, and I could barely get out of the car, or even speak, for quite awhile after. It is to racing tracks what Django is to music! I have always wished I could get to that same place when I play, but I guess since gypsy jazz won't kill you, there isn't the same incentive. 8)
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Number 116 sitting here in 'sunny' Essex, England. And a great guitar it is, too!

SP
  • GregocideGregocide New
    I have number 215 in philadelphia, PA. I knowi t's a manouche, not sure if it's a moreno without getting up and checking. It is a killer guitar,