DjangoBooks.com

Django's Selmer on J'attendrai clip??

BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
Was it a short scale 640mm 14 fretter or a regular 670mm?
From the extra frets extension on the high E looks like it might have been some sort of transitional model.
I know this is really hard to know for sure but maybe someone can make an educated guess for me.
Thanks

Comments

• gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    I had heard once that in the process of making the transition from the grand bouche to the petite bouche models, there were some transitional model oval holes that were built with some leftover fingerboards from the 12 fret models. Not sure if that is fact or fiction but it would make sense for the factory to use up some of the old parts that way.
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • pzwinakispzwinakis New
    Sure looks to be the case...
  • kimmokimmo Helsinki, Finland✭✭✭✭
    Was it a short scale 640mm 14 fretter or a regular 670mm?
    From the extra frets extension on the high E looks like it might have been some sort of transitional model.

It was a short scale hybrid. More on the subject on:

http://djangobooks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4720
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Thanks.
    So it probably was a short scale 14 fretter uh?
    The reason I asked in the first place is that I'm slowly realizing that the long scale is too big for my arms especially when comparing to Sebastien Giniaux and Adrien Moignard hands and arms, so I'm thinking of getting a short scale guitar, likely a custom 14 fretter oval hole.
    The Django clip gives me reassurance that it will sound good enough for lead playing.