DjangoBooks.com

Saga Gitane D-500 for sale (Bay Area)- pickup only

cheopsnetcheopsnet New
edited October 2009 in Classifieds Posts: 29
Hi,
I live in the Bay Area and am selling my beloved Gitane D500. Great guitar, incredible price. I have tried many gypsy guitars and can tell you that this one is a steal for the price.
Mine has been used for gigging and studio, so it has here and there some aging that shows the love, but it only made the wood mature better. Since I did not buy the guitar with a case, I would prefer to have the buyer pick it up. Now: I do not like local pickup that much and am concerned for both my safety and the safety of the buyer. So the money should be paid via paypal prior to the pickup and the pickup will take place in a public place, such as the San Francisco Guitar Center (for example).
I have not taken any pics yet, but feel free to shoot me an email at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> if interested and I will be happy to send you some pics.

Thanks,

Regards,

Cheops

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    You might want to mention the price... :wink:
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • cheopsnetcheopsnet New
    Hi,

I am attaching pictures to the Gitane D500, please let me know if you need any additional shot of a particular angle:
    http://steinwayguitars.blogspot.com/

As for the price, I have checked ebay and the djangobooks store (all sell D500 from $610 to $900).
    >> I will sell mine for a very competitive $400, with a complementary set of new Argentine strings in pack (on top of the one already installed on the guitar)

This guitar is really good and does not reflect the super low price. To me, it is not a surprise that Angelo Debarre, in some interviews, says that he often gigs with Saga guitars that he can put in the trunk of his car, without worrying about anything, while having a really good instrument. Gypsy jazz is all about going out and playing with friends. For $400, you will not have to worry either about messing with a large investment.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. My email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> and I will respond to you promptly.
  • cheopsnetcheopsnet New
    Update:

THE GUITAR CAN ACTUALLY BE SHIPPED ANYWHERE IN THE US.

Pick the Golden Gate hardshell case color of your choice (brown or black), the official cases for Saga Gitane guitars, and I will ship my Gitane D500, a set of new Argentine strings and the case for $550, including shipping (US addresses only)..

I am waiting to hear from somebody possibly interested, but the guitar is not currently on hold, so please let me know on <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Thanks

Cheops
  • cheopsnetcheopsnet New
    SOLD!
    Thanks Phil