DjangoBooks.com

Bireli and Friend DVD > Bonus > guitars used in the studio??

Hi,
I have recently been watching again my "bireli and Friends" dvd and was looking at the bonus..

There is a sequence on moments voles / stolen moments where you see the recording of "ou es tu mon amour" (my absolute favorite gypsy jazz standard!!). I believe Bireli is playing a Dupont VR. Who is the guitarist who shows him the rhythm section and what guitar is he playing?? I am talking about the guy smoking a cigarette, white T-shirt and shirt, jean...I love his aged guitar, sounds really good to...

Thanks,

Cheops
http://steinwayguitars.blogspot.com/

Comments

• cheopsnetcheopsnet New
    Also, another question: Anywhere I could ever play a Dupont Vieille Reserve in the Bay Area??
    So much said about them, I would like to put my hand on them and try...
    Any dealer, any way?

Thanks
  • bluetrainbluetrain Finland✭✭✭ Cach, Epiphone Triumph, Gibson ES-300
    Hi! I believe he is Holzmano Lagrene. In some records his lastname is Winterstein for some reason. Who knows. I don't know what is the guitar.. He is playing rhythm guitar in Wavau Adler's "Back to the roots" records. Check out Holzmano's discography:

http://www.djangostation.com/+-Holzmann ... ein-+.html
    cheopsnet wrote:
    Hi,
    Who is the guitarist who shows him the rhythm section and what guitar is he playing?? I am talking about the guy smoking a cigarette, white T-shirt and shirt, jean...I love his aged guitar, sounds really good to...
  • cheopsnetcheopsnet New
    Thanks Bluetrain.
    Confusing this Holzmano/Winterstein, as the other rhythm guitarist for Bireli is also a Winterstein's...
    I just really like his guitar and its sound. He is also very chill

Thanks
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Here's a recent clip where you can hear Holzmano taking a solo: that's rare but he's good! Wawau of course is God.

As for the red painted guitar in the Bireli and Friend's DVD I'd say a Favino, but I really can't remember well: I should check the DVD...