DjangoBooks.com

RIP hotclub.co.uk

swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
edited October 2009 in Welcome Posts: 121
Alas, alack. The domain name is paid up till 2010 but the site has been wiped. I know a few of you on here are frequent visitors there. Anyone know anything?

The site was a bit quiet of late but if you are going to phase it out an advance take-down notice would have been the right way to do it - or will it rise again? Do tell.
The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Just tried to log in to hotclub.co.uk and found out it's not there. But as Swing 68 said it's been so quiet there lately.....if it has gone for good I think we at least need to say thanks to the guys who set it up and ran it. It certainly gave me my introduction into the addictive world of gypsy jazz. Cheers......

Alan
    always learning
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Maybe Steve is just upgrading the site....he was running the old forum software so it makes sense he'd want to upgrade. Especially since it's a weekend when he'd probably have more time to do it....
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    Let's hope so - though updating the BB shouldn't knock out the entire site. (For a while even the DNS record was unsure where to go which is usually a hosting thing.) Well said above - a big thanks to the guys there for keeping it going to date.
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    ...and a very big thanks to Michael and whatever crew is keeping this site up. It's a very valuable resource and meeting place. I'd be more than happy to help out, if you ever need it Michael.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Ptab page is still working.
  • TexasrockabillyrebelTexasrockabillyrebel Denton, Tx✭✭✭
    Forum is back up!
    Playing guitar gives you cancer.
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    looks like rumours of its death were an exaggeration...:-)

meanwhile i see Rocky Gresset is only the second sinti musician to have a superb cd out on the great Dreyfus label-- just beautiful subtle stuff.

http://www.djangostation.com/Rocky-Gresset,1168.html

Stu
  • I see that Mattieu Chatelain plays with Rocky

I listened to the one download ... very nice indeed
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • thripthrip London, UKProdigy
    This is a great CD, highly recommended.
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    it works