DjangoBooks.com

What Kind of Pick Are U Using Michael?

Stamos666Stamos666 New
edited November 2009 in Gypsy Picking Posts: 41
Question for michael,

what kinda pick are you using in the beginning pages where you demonstrate how to hold the pick, it looks so comfortable!

and also, what would you prefer tonally a wegen pick or a moustache pick. I'm looking into getting a gypsy jazz pick (im a beginner) and was wondering which one was more comfortable and delivered the best tone. if you could give a breakdown of the different tones both picks get (the 3.5 mm wegen and 4mm moustache) id really appreciate it!!

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    In the book I'm using a tortoise shell pick that Fapy gave me.

Wegens and Moustache picks are both great...you just need to try them both. The Moustache is pretty much the exact shape that Fapy uses when he makes his own. So they're more traditional in that way...

-Michael
  • Stamos666Stamos666 New
    the shape of your pick is perfect though, i dont raelly like teh wider picks like my dunlop gator grip 1.5. is their any way i can get a tortoise shell pick like that or will a moustache be similiar? the moustache seems wider similar to the dunlop, and the wegen seems more that shape of the tortoise shell...the tortoise seems perfect for me, small but firm. and due to money constraints, i wont be ablet o try both the wegen and moustache!
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    we don't sell real tortoise...that's illegal. Give the moustache a try....it's very traditional