DjangoBooks.com

Shadow NanoFlex Pickup, Maccaferri (SHNFX-MAC)

anyone tried or seen, or herd one of these ? what dya recon, anyone have an opinion ?

http://www.aampselectricguitarstore.com ... x-mac.html

Comments

• djangoeddjangoed EuropeNew
    nobody herd of these then ? no opinions.....?
    must be someone out there.......?
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I know someone who has used one of these. He seemed to like it, and the sound seemed pretty good the couple of times I heard him play. One thing you have to be aware of is that the pickuop elements, which go under the bridge feet, are about 1mm thick, which will raise your action somewhat.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    hey klaatu thanks for the reply !

yea Im aware that the bridge would need ajusting but thats not the end of the world anyone with a bit of skill could do it themselves, or give it to a instrument repairer or luthier. One may need to invest in another bridge for playing acousticly....

Would be interesting to have someone test it seen as though using a selmac with a mic or pick up is a bit of an issue.... maybe Michael has used one ?

I did speak to a friend who has been playing jazz manouche for 25 years, he said it may have the same problems as a big tone...something about being too responsive for the guitar ?
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I did a search on the forum and found this earlier topic. I might be of some help.

http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4836&p=25779&hilit=nanoflex#p25779
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles