DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz Jam in Philadelphia, PA

GregocideGregocide New
edited January 2010 in North America Posts: 54
The HCPhilly will be hosting a Gypsy Jazz Jam at the Mernaid Inn on Jan 12. We'll start at 7:30 and go 'till around 11:30.
The 'maid is located at Germantown Ave and Mermaid lane in Chestnut Hill, [Philly PA].

7673 Germantown Ave.
215-247-9797
http://www.themermaidinn.net/home.html

Comments

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Hi all,
    damn, so close but so far!! It looks like fun though!! Wish I could go. I'll be at wrk.
    The unfos already here, I was asked to post, but am very slow!! Sorry people.
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Isn't this the correct website?

7673 Winston Road
    Corner of Germantown Ave & Mermaid Lane
    Chestnut Hill, PA
    215 247-9797

Just asking as I may try to make it. Very far ride for me.

TIA,
    HCQ
  • GregocideGregocide New
    HCQ wrote:
    Hi,

Isn't this the correct website?

7673 Winston Road
    Corner of Germantown Ave & Mermaid Lane
    Chestnut Hill, PA
    215 247-9797

Just asking as I may try to make it. Very far ride for me.

TIA,

Yes, that is the correct site. I corrected the original link.

I hope to see you there man,
    -Greg
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    What a great jam! I really didn't know what to expect. Turns out it was a packed room. Really nice place too.

I really appreciate the quality of musicianship and enthusiasm that pervaded throughout. As good as goin' to Django in June. Really.

Hopefully this can be a fixture that can enhance having a "scene" to appreciate and participate in great music.

I only wish this can happen on weekends so more folks could attend.... but then again, I can't imagine a way of fitting more folks in that room. Well worth the trip and I live in the NYC area.

Gregocide, thanks for the heads up.
    HCQ
  • GregocideGregocide New
    I had such a fun time, even though I only know a few songs. I really liked it, and will be going to more in the future.

HCQ ---- If we didn't meet yet, we'll have to say hello the next time we're both there. Is your name Tia?

I really loved meeting all of the cool people. So many talented, friendly folks. It was great!!
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Greg,

TIA is short for "thanks in advance".

My real name is Sol Robbins and I play guitar. I came with my son James, who plays bass. Hope that helps and hope to get together again soon.

Thanks to Barry and the HC of Philadelphia for hosting.
    HCQ
  • GregocideGregocide New
    HCQ wrote:
    Greg,

TIA is short for "thanks in advance".

My real name is Sol Robbins and I play guitar. I came with my son James, who plays bass. Hope that helps and hope to get together again soon.

Thanks to Barry and the HC of Philadelphia for hosting.

Oh, LOL TIA --- I'm an idiot. It was nice meeting you and James, Sol. You both seemed like really nice people, and your playing was really great.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again.

See ya man,
    -Greg
  • Mark_PMark_P New
    Hmmm I'll have to try and get out to this some time. I live in Philly so the ride shouldn't be too bad. Sounds like fun!
  • WColsherWColsher PhiladelphiaNew
    And it's on again for Feb. 10th! Should be a semi-regular deal on the 2nd Wed. of the month.

Then... H.C. of Philly is having a CD release party/gig on the 26th and word is that Bar W. is also going to try to get together a regular workshop/group lesson thingy again.

And don't forget: Kruno is playing World Cafe Live on April 3 and the Gypsy Kings are in Atlantic City on April 24th.