DjangoBooks.com

Etudes

noahfuturenoahfuture ✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in Unaccompanied Django Posts: 61
Hi! I'm working through the Unaccompanied Django book, which rules. Michael is that you playing on the Gypsy Etudes? I'm sure it says somewhere here, but I can't find it!

THey are beautifully played and I was wondering what kind of guitar you were using.
COme to think of it, anyone know which guitar Django was using on Nuages?
thanks!
n
One writes music because winter is eternal and if one didn't, the wolves and the blizzards would be at one's throat all the sooner.
-David Mitchell

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    noahfuture wrote:
    Hi! I'm working through the Unaccompanied Django book, which rules. Michael is that you playing on the Gypsy Etudes? I'm sure it says somewhere here, but I can't find it!

THey are beautifully played and I was wondering what kind of guitar you were using.

Thanks for the kind words! I used a Favino on that recording.

noahfuture wrote:
    COme to think of it, anyone know which guitar Django was using on Nuages?

Are you asking about his unaccompanied version of Nuages that is in the book/CD? First off it's tuned down a halfstep...and is probably his Selmer but who knows for sure!!??
  • noahfuturenoahfuture ✭✭✭
    Thanks! That favino sounds great, and yes I was wondering about the one on th CD. I guess the half step down kinda makes it sound like a different guitar. Maybe django was studying his Hendrix licks :D
    One writes music because winter is eternal and if one didn't, the wolves and the blizzards would be at one's throat all the sooner.
    -David Mitchell