DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    WOW! :shock:

This is my personal favorite of all Favinos....you won't need the tone enhancing shorts for this one. Bright, crisp, with some thick bottom and volume galore!

'm
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful. The cedar tops look great. Is there a tonal characteristic associated with the cedar top as opposed to spruce?

Any chance you could post another sample in a week, if it's still available, when your facial hair is a little more happenin'?

cheers
    Generally Cedar seems to have a brighter tone that is "simple" and clear. They always cut really, really well. They sound aged even when new, that's why a lot players like Bireli, etc like Cedar. This one is definitely like that...
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Wow. No facial hair AND no shorts. And it still sounds amazing.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    I'm sure that's the one that my buddy tried about 5 yrs ago, when he was choosing a Favino and he had Jacques Mazzoleni send him 2 guitars to choose from, this one and a 1977 Favino, which is the one he bought. They were both priced at $4,500 back in those good old days!
    Phil wrote:
    I'm sure that's the one that my buddy tried about 5 yrs ago, when he was choosing a Favino and he had Jacques Mazzoleni send him 2 guitars to choose from, this one and a 1977 Favino, which is the one he bought. They were both priced at $4,500 back in those good old days!

I'm pretty sure you're talking about a different guitar....to my knowledge this one has only been in Europe up till this point.