DjangoBooks.com

Dell Arte Hommage DG-H1 Questions

Hey guys,

I am planning on getting a Dell Arte Hommage DG-H1, but i just have a few questions. I am very confused are they made in America or Asia? Because the one I am looking at does not specify

http://cgi.ebay.com/DELL-ARTE-DG-H1-HOM ... 1349wt_939

Also on this website if you go to the "Asian Guitars" section you find this guitar but it says that its made in San Diego USA. Any Ideas?

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    I am nearly positive that, that guitar is one of the Asian made models. The ones built in the US are more expensive. it sounds as though whoever did the e-bay listing wasn't very clear on the differences between the two.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
    Is there a major sound difference? I mean they are using the same woods right?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    The DG-H1 is in Asian made instrument. Completely different than the US made Hommage which is much louder and made with far better materials. It's unfortunate that Dell Arte used the same model names for both their domestic and imported instruments. It confuses everyone...

Either way, I would personally recommend a Saga or Latcho Drom Manouche in that price range. The DG-H1 and other Asian made Dell Arte's made by Music Link generally haven't performed nearly as well as the Saga/Latcho Drom guitars.

'm
    Hey thanks for the reply Michael,

Well mainly I am looking for a good 14 fret D hole Favino style and (under 1000 -closer to 700 or so) gypsy, and I just want to get the best one. I like warmer tones personally and since I cant try them do you have any recommendations?
    there is no other Favino style copy under $1000....actually there is no other Favino even under $2000. Most of our customers have been much happier with the Gitanes as they have a better tone, are louder, and have less workmanship issues than the Music Link stuff. Many even prefer the Ciganos over the Music Link guitars. A few customers have been happy with the Piggales, but for the most part that's not been the case. The lack of volume and neck problems have frustrated a lot of people.

If you're dead set on a Favino style guitar I'd say it's best to save your money and wait until you have enough for a US made Hommage. We have mint one here for $2000 which is a steal:

http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/eco ... -1185.html
    So this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVYJ56-_axU is the $2000 one? I got confused haha. Well then with my budget of under 1000 which gitane would you get? or (others). The main thing like I said is to get a 14 fret D hole that sounds great and warmer. I saw the John Jorgensen model what do you think?
    Yeah, that's a US one, and one of the best one's we've had. It just sold....

The DG-320 is a really nice 14 Fret D hole....I'd go with that one.

http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/Gitane-DG-320
    I was just looking at the dg-350 and was wondering what you think between it and the dg-320 are there any detailed pictures?
    I prefer the DG-320....the DG-350 has a thicker top which gives more of a flatop like sound. The 320 is more Selmer like.
    Would you mind posting some pictures (sides back etc) of the 350? also is it American made?