DjangoBooks.com

The book is almost finished

AndreasObergAndreasOberg Stockholm,SwedenModerator
edited August 2005 in Gypsy Fire Posts: 522
I've been working really hard with the book during the last couple of months and now it's almost completed.
I'm proud to say that this book will be a great resource of phrases for beginners as well as for advanced professionals. The book will cover licks from many of the regional styles such as the dutch-style, alsace-style,parisian-style+30ths Django-style as well as phrases from Django's bop-period

Right now, Michael Horowitz and myself are editing the phrases and solos so there won't be any mistakes for you people to get upset about :wink:

Except for the 30 phrases and the four solos(with the following CD)there will also be some additional text by Michael and a lot of photos from my personal collection from gigs and festivals all over the world.

Hopefully the book will be out in the beginning of June and Michael is taking the first pre-orders in a few weeks on this very site.

Best Regards
Andreas

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Andreas, Sounds great I can't wait till it's out. Hopefully by the time it's out I will be at my new job and be able to afford the book and your new album :wink:
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • AndreasObergAndreasOberg Stockholm,SwedenModerator
    The book will be finished and sent away for printing at the end of June. Michael has been busy with the Django-fests and with his family but the book is almost completed (only the final lay-out left).
    Sorry to keep you guys waiting, pre-order from Michael!
    Best Regards
    Andreas
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    HI! Sorry if I sound impatient, but... Any news on the release date?
    -Harry
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    yeah, I am ready to pre-order but I cant find the book listed in Michaels shop yet...
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Nice to see there's some interest! It's a great book....the whole manuscript and CD are done. We're just waiting for my graphic designer to do the layout. After that we'll start taking pre-orders while it's being printed. I'm hoping to ship in less the 2 months!

'm