DjangoBooks.com

The Best Gypsy Jazz in Paris

SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
edited April 2010 in Europe Posts: 186
From todays Guardian newspaper (UK)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2010/m ... t?page=all

SP

Comments

• redbluesredblues ✭✭
    Great article,
    I will definitely make it to L'atelier Charonne before this year is out, some gig listing for that place.
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    I thought L'atelier Charonne looked the best, too. Great line up.

SP
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    my friends wife emailed that to me! Its a sign that I have to start mentioning other stuff at family gatherings..Aux Petits Joueurs is'nt on there but I can say that the food/ambiance/music is great. about a tenner taxi from town 8)
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    My favorite is La taverne de Cluny in the Latin Quartier, Zaiti every Monday!!
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    I'm casting my vote for Sunset-Sunside. It's actually two clubs, one upstairs and one downstairs, which would suggest its name should be Sunset-Sunrise, or Sunup-Sundown. In any case, I caught Selmer #607 there last fall, and it was mind-blowing. To be sitting less than 10 feet from Noe, Sebastien, and Richard, close enough to stare at their fingers (which were moving too fast to see anyway.) Amazing. Plus the sound was great and the beer was cold.
  • DJMDJM Paris France✭✭
    Thanks Rimm for adding us in....
    It's funny they didn't hear about us...!
    We are the most exciting venue on wednesdays in Paris with
    our very cheap beverages and our world class program...
    The place is always full...
    So thank you Rimm and hope to see you soon in Paris with your guitar!
    Cheers
    DJM
  • patrolpatrol Greece,Athens✭✭✭ Eimers & Goulielmos Antique
    L'atelier Charonne is very nice place to enjoy GJ 8) with one good bottle of wine