DjangoBooks.com

Pick Collection for Sale

crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
edited April 2010 in Classifieds Posts: 921
Hi all, up for sale is a collection of various plectrums/picks I have bought but never got to grips with - pardon the pun.

Basically I've settled down to a selection of picks but only after trying out various types and finding they don't work for me. For example I recently bought a Wegen Bluegrass 1.8mm, tried ti once and didn't like it.

The following is a list of picks I have for sale - many are as new, these are shown in bold, the otehrs are barely used. I have just been through the web to check prices for all of them as of today and the cost for each is listed along with thicknessess - but bear in mind that postage would also need to added.

OK, so here's the list

Description MM Cost
Dr Plectrum White 3 4
Wegen Bluegrass 1.8 5
Dugain Mini Wood Ebony 10
Dugain Mini Wood Ebony 10
Red Bear Gypsy Jazz C 2.5 20
Red Bear GJ L'il Jazzer 2.5 20
Wegen Fatone 5 12
Real T'shell 1.8 15
Wegen GP250 2.5 12
Small Bakelite 3.5 11
Pickboy Stone 2 10
Coconuts x2 1.4 7
always learning

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    sorry guys, I'm having trouble uploading the list..I'll try again in the morning - watch this space.......
    always learning
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Right here we go again...third time lucky

Up for sale as a whole collection are the following picks - illustrated in the accompanying picture

1. Wegen Fatone 5mm - as new
    2. Wegen GP250 2.5 mm - as new
    3. Wegen Bluegrass 1.8 - unused
    4. Red Bear Gypsy Jazz C 2.5mm as new
    5. Red Bear L'il Jazzer Gypsy 2.5 mm as new
    6. Dugain Mini wood ebony 2.5mm approx - slight wear
    7. Dugain Mini wood wbony 2.5mm approx - as new
    8&9 Coconut - 2mm - unused
    10 Bakelite - 3mm slight wear on one edge
    11 Pickboy Stone @ 2mm - as new
    12 Genuine T'shell pick 2mm - used
    13 Dr Plectrum 3mm ( identical to a Wegen ) as new

Practically all of the above are currently on sale on Ebay or similar. If you added up the total current selling price you'de be looking at £132.00 - and that doesn't include the postage.

So the current offer is for all of the above as a complete package for £70.00 o.n.o and I'll bear the cost of postage to UK and Europe. This offer will remain open for one week after which I'll put them on Ebay either as a package or indivudually.

This is a great chance to buy the picks you know you like and to try out some others at the same time. Thanks for looking

Alan
    always learning
  • RicardoRicardo Cornwall UKNew
    May I ask what pick you have decided to stick with?
    Not now dear, I have a terrible Djangover.
    I'm sticking with four as I find that my guitars - a Dell Arte Pigalle, D500, Harmsworth and Willis and TJ Wilkinson - benefit from different picks.

So the four I've settled with are a Dugain acetate and a Dugain horn - both standard sized, not the minis. The other two are home made, one thick and one slightly thinner, both are made from acetal or delrin - can't remember which - wich is very, very similar to the materials used in Wegens.

Out of the ones for the sale the Red Bear picks would have been my favourite and if they had been thicker, say 3mm +, then I'd probably have settled on those. They have a nice sound and move well across the strings without any tendency to "stick"

Alan
    always learning
    Right,, here we go again. Obviously the credit crunch has bitten deeper than I anticipated so I am no longer offerring the whole collection as one sale and have decided to break them up into lots.

Lot 1 - Picks 1,2 & 3 - Wegen Fatone, P250 and Bluegrass - £20.00 the lot
    Lot 2 - Picks 4&4 - Red Bears £20.00 the two ( there is already some interest in these so if you want 'em get a move on )
    Lot 3 - Picks 6 & 7 - Dugain Ebony x 2 £10.00
    Lot 4 - Two coconuts (£3.50 each on Ebay) and one genuine T'shell - £10.00

Sizes and thicknesses are listed on previous posts and as before I'll pay the postage. I prefer Paypal but if you have another way to pay fine, just let me know.

Thanks for looking
    always learning