DjangoBooks.com

Gitane DG255 & Case for sale on eBay; $300 to $350 SOLD

gumby705gumby705 Mount Dora, Florida✭✭
edited April 2010 in Classifieds Posts: 27
I am selling my Gitane DG 255 on ebay for a very low opening price of $300 and a low "Buy Now" of $350. (HSC included) The price is low because I got a great deal since it had a crack and came without a case. I had the professional luthiers at the Guitar Factory in College Park (Orlando)Florida stabilize the crack with several spruce cleats plus set up the bridge for Gypsy Jazz playing. To find the Guitar simply go to eBay and search Gypsy Jazz Guitar. I have plenty of pictures that should help. I will include a Wegen pick and an extra set of D'Addario strings . I will list it for 5 days. If you need more information about cleating of cracks I can email you a pdf article from Acoustic Guitar Magazine. It is a great guitar at a great price!

Comments

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    There's a 255 on ebay for just 1.600 $ (but it has got a Dupont bridge!) :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Gitane-Djang ... 2559f46577
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    frater wrote:
    There's a 255 on ebay for just 1.600 $ (but it has got a Dupont bridge!) :D
    Not only that, it's got Django's picture on it. Small wonder it's $1600!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    Would you ship this to the u.k. and for how much. Thanks
  • gumby705gumby705 Mount Dora, Florida✭✭
    I know the US dollar is not strong but the value of the Budpest currency can not account for $1600 price.
    I'll have to look up and see what the currency and exchange rate for Hungary and for the Euro.
    Unfortunately, I am using only US sales for my eBay items. I wish we had as many Gypsy Jazz players in the US as Europe. If it does not sell on eBay in 5 days, I may have to sell abroad, so keep in touch.
  • DjuriDjuri New
    Not only that, it's got Django's picture on it. Small wonder it's $1600![/quote]

That is Pál Jávor's pic, a hungarian actor from the old days :D
    edited April 2010 Posts: 27
    If I put a picture of a famous actor on my Guitar will it help me to sell it?
    What if I put Fernando Lamas on the guitar?
    I have to admit Pal Javor does looks a little like Django, but no one looks as good as marvelous as Fernando.
  • DjuriDjuri New
    gumby705 wrote:
    If I put a picture of a famous actor on my Guitar will it help me to sell it?
    What if I put Fernando Lamas on the guitar?
    I have to admit Pal Javor does looks a little like Django, but no one looks as good as marvelous as Fernando.

:)
  • JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    Just for grins, I sent this to gumby705, who approved of it. Mind you it's not really on his guitar, but I was watching a show this morning that actually showed how to do this kind of transfer onto wood - not recommending it, but if you're bent that way, well, it can be done. Here's my take on the DG-255 Modele Fernando, with apologies to all.

Anyway, if you're on the fence about buying this guitar, you better act now before gumby705 puts this picture on it, and raises the price to $1600.
    The guitar sold today. I would like to thank the buyer for the patronage , Jazz Dawg for the added humor and Fernando Lamas for the marvelous looks.