DjangoBooks.com

Anyone have video/audio of Shopis Guitars?

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any links or files they can upload of Rodrigo Shopis guitars? I have seen the Tchavalo youtube vid, as well as Stephane Wrembel playing one on a couch. Are there any others? If you have a Shopis, would you mind uploading something? Those two videos are definitely cool, but I'm hoping to see one in action playing a song, preferably in a group setting.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I will have some videos from Django in June 2010 ready for posting in a few days. Joscho Stephane, Gonzalo Bergara, and Biel Ballester all played my Shopis and were wowed by it. Stay tuned!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • periclimenespericlimenes Santa Ana, CANew
    Awesome! Looking forward to it...
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    I have a bit from the same guitar as well- including you playing it a bit (ben!)
    Cheers,
    B.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    bbwood_98 wrote:
    I have a bit from the same guitar as well- including you playing it a bit (ben!)
    Cheers,
    B.
    Cool - I'd love to see that, Ben, although I'm not sure I would want anyone else to see me play it (unless it were one of my better efforts - I had more than my share of clunkers). Is there any way you could put it up on one of the large file sharing sites like sendspace.com and send me the link?

We really enjoyed your CD in the car on the way home, by the way.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    klaatu wrote:
    Joscho Stephane, Gonzalo Bergara, and Biel Ballester all played my Shopis and were wowed by it. Stay tuned!

That was one fantastic guitar. Easy and fun to play, nice tone, beautiful to look at. Probably my favorite of the guitars I played at Django in June (other than my own AJL :-) ). Thanks for sharing the love, Ben!

Adrian
    adrian wrote:
    klaatu wrote:
    Joscho Stephane, Gonzalo Bergara, and Biel Ballester all played my Shopis and were wowed by it. Stay tuned!

That was one fantastic guitar. Easy and fun to play, nice tone, beautiful to look at. Probably my favorite of the guitars I played at Django in June (other than my own AJL :-) ). Thanks for sharing the love, Ben!

Adrian

Thank you, Adrian, and you're most welcome. I enjoyed sharing the guitar and giving people a chance to find out just how great Rodrigo's work is.

Here's a short clip of Joscho Stephan playing "La vie en rose" on it:

Joscho didn't want to give it up. He played it for about an hour and a half at the jam, and in next morning's class asked if he could play it again. Another hour and a half later, I got it back. It was a thrill hearing it played by a pro like Joscho. I got similar reactions from Gonzalo Bergara and Biel Ballester. Lots more videos to come - stay tuned.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
    BTW, for those who don't know him, that's Rodrigo sitting in front of the fireplace.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
    Here's Gonzalo Bergara playing "Rose Room" late one night:

Every time Gonzalo saw someone with the guitar over the next few days, he would say "Tha's a byootiful guitar, man!"
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
    ... and last one for tonight -

Here's a clip of beautiful Montreal chanteuse Eva Somers singing Ménilmontant by Charles Trenet, with Joscho Stephan on the Shopis guitar, joined later by Denis Chang, playing Michael Bauer's 1930's Busato. After Eva's first chorus, Joscho shows the guitar's amazing rhythmic power, followed by yet another awesome solo.

Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Fantastic guitar, although I must admit that in this video I tend to focus more on Eva than Rodrigo ... "What can you do?" as Tony Soprano would say... I'm Italian :)