DjangoBooks.com

Django in June 2010 video

andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
edited October 2010 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 134
Hey Folks:
Thanks to everyone who came out to Django in June this year. The vids are starting to trickle in on youtube...here's the first I've seen. It features Joscho Stephan, Denis Chang and Gustav Lundgren (who, by the way, is playing a left-handed Park on long-distance loan from none other than our esteemed moderator, Archtop Eddy) jamming in the dorm. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H32TcFvuy8g

~Andrew

Comments

• HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HCQ
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    I've started posting video. If you go to my youtube channel at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/cminor7b5

you'll find many recent videos.

cheers

HyperHip Media
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I've got videos as well and will start posting them as soon as I can. Just got home last night, exhausted, and am moving a little slow today, but I'll try to get right on the reviewing and editing process.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Wayne,

Thanks very much for posting these videos. Your dedication to contributing to the GJ scene is priceless.

I just changed jobs, so making it to DIJ was not not in the cards for me this year.

I really wish I could have made it.

I will definitely plan early for next year.

Thanks, again,
    HCQ
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Django in June was awesome yet again! Thanks to Andrew for doing such an awesome job putting it together.

Here's a video of me playing rhythm on "Django's Tiger" for Joscho Stephan while we were sitting around one day:

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I've posted some videos here in the Rodrigo Shopis guitar video topic:
    http://djangobooks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7956
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    Here's yet another video of the fabulous chanteuse Eva Somers, with Joscho Stephan playing my Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan and Denis Chang on Michael Bauer's 1930s Busato.

Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Those videos are really wonderful. Eva is a professional singer and extremely talented.
    She has been singing with Hot Club of DC for about a year and has always drawn the best of our audience's attention. She can sing in pretty much in every language and is a very fast learner.

There are so many songs that we all play from the common gypsy jazz repertoire that have lyrics, and even sometimes French lyrics... She really has given an extraordinary spin to our repertoire and to the tunes we play. I had her learn tunes that I didn't even know they had lyrics in French : Manah de Carnaval, Melodie au Crepuscule, Si tu Savais, Seul ce Soir, Night and Day.... plus the French standards like La Vie en Rose, Menilmontant...
    There is so much more I would have love to add to her repertoire.

We will miss her a lot, but she now deserves to move on and really get to sing with amazing musicians like Denis, Joscho and all of those gifted players who make us dream.

-JG
    www.hcofdc.com
    - JG
    She is truly amazing. What a beautiful voice, and what a presence! She can make you feel like she's singing to you and you alone (yeah, I know, dream on!). We're hoping to coax her down to Halifax next year for some gigs. She would be an instant hit.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I am wondering/hoping that someone might have made some video the first night of Django in June of Joscho playing my old 30's Busato. If any of you did, or knows of anyone who did, please let me know either here or via PM. I'd also like any video of Denis Chang soloing on the same Busato. There is just the Mr. Sandman clip so far with Denis that I've seen posted.

Naturally, I have Wayne's excellent video of the concerts, but if anyone has any video of the other guitars I brought jamming, I'd love to have copies. I have nothing of the 64 Favino or the 50's Busato from this year, for example.

Thanks to anyone in advance who's willing to share.

Michael
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.