DjangoBooks.com

La Minch

V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
edited September 2005 in Welcome Posts: 325
Ok I give up, what does "la minch" mean? I've read the Django biography, but I don't remember.

Comments

• AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
    I've heard it's coarse slang for vulva. Remember, musette was often the soundtrack of knife-fights and prostitution. Sometimes the virtuosity of its players (consider Pierre Ferret) sounds competitive, even feral. Feroce. Like doing tricks with knives, letting cigarettes burn between two forearms to see who flinches first, and just taking what you want. The standard rules do not apply.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    Mintch means p*ssy.... pelo or heblo means d*ck... therefore boulou's tune michto pelo means good dick...

these aren't generally meant as insults, they often say vulgar things to eachother as a sign of friendship/endearment ...(at least within the french sinti) ... so don't be alarmed whenever tchavolo says "ra mo reppe" -> suck my ass (or something like that)
  • RKatzRKatz London✭✭✭✭
    Ra mo reppe motha f*cker, i know what you mean
  • V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the info! No wonder Matelot was so cryptic about it.

Also, this is easily the most vulgar thread I have ever read on a django board!
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    some polish friends used to call me yebacha . . . .
    odd story . . .
    Also some of them call each other by this added to the end of someones name - denibacha for dennis . .
    hmm . . .
    Seems much the same.
    B.