DjangoBooks.com

"Swing 42" (1949 version) transcription w/clips

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
edited August 2010 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 1,855
For those of you who missed this on another thread, I'm reposting BluesBop Harry's excellent transcription of this vintage Django solo, along with sound clips which I've created to help you learn.

With computer technology, it's almost as if you had Django sitting right in front of you playing each phrase as slowly as you want, and as often as you want... thus we 21st century players have no excuse not to learn this stuff better than previous generations of guitarists before us! :lol:

I don't know how many of these sound clip attachments will fit into a single message, so it make take me several posts to do the whole thing.... by the way, if these clips won't work for you, try using a different browser... I had to change from Safari to Firefox on my Mac...

Let me know how you're doing!

Will
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON
Canada
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    (Part two of sound clips.)
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Part 3:

Part 4, that's it! (Lotta work, that was!)