DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    This one is just a dream come true! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Such a pristine example from the very first year....I hardly feel worthy to be in the same room with it. :D

-Michael
  • MaxwellGarcesMaxwellGarces Laguna Niguel, CA.✭✭✭
    where the heck did this legend come from? any chance you will be bringing it to DFNW?
    where the heck did this legend come from?

It was owned by the late Scott Chinery.

any chance you will be bringing it to DFNW?

Sure, it will be there for everyone to play around the campfire! :wink:
  • tacosandbeertacosandbeer ✭✭
    I could have sworn this instrument had already made its way out of the Chinery Collection.
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." --Friedrich Nietzsche
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    Did this style of guitar exist before Maccaferri went into production with it? If so, what do you know of it?
    I could have sworn this instrument had already made its way out of the Chinery Collection.

It was auctioned off after his death, around 2000 I think.

'm
    djangology wrote:
    Did this style of guitar exist before Maccaferri went into production with it? If so, what do you know of it?

A hotly debated topic by historians of Selmer guitars. Some think Busato may been the first to make canted top jazz guitars. Pretty hard to prove, but one thing is for sure. Many of the design elements that Maccaferri utilized had a strong precedent in Italian/Sicilian luthiery traditions. The resonator, pliage, steel strings, and many other features can be found in Italian classical guitars, mandolins, chitarra batteria, and other string instruments.