DjangoBooks.com

Dell Arte Robin Nolan (1st post on Djangobooks!)

edited September 2010 in Classifieds Posts: 8
Well, I should've joined up a couple-few years ago, as that's how long I've been lurking!

I also wanted, with all the best intentions, to post the progress of this refinish here... but I just didn't have time! Alas, I now have it for sale (yes, :oops: forgive my first post as trying to sell something!)

I refinished my Dell Arte DG-RN1 in Nitro Lacquer. LOTS of details and pics here.

Offering it for $750 Shipped/Insured to any and all Djangobooks Members. Paypal preferred, and my e-bay user name is ddunkyn, if you'd like to see my "records" :)

At any rate, lemme' know what you think, and I'm pleased to meet everyone here, and my best to Michael for hosting the BEST resource on Gypsy Jazz! "Lovin' your books, Michael!"

Comments

will you send it to europe,,and btw,,it looks great,,fantastic job youve done there,,regards thomas
  • BohemianBohemian State of Jefferson✭✭✭✭
    Did you use a pore filler on backs, sides and neck ?
  • Bohemian wrote:
    Did you use a pore filler on backs, sides and neck ?
    Hi Bohemian, no, I didn't use pore filler, and the nitro is very thin, about 5 passes. You can sometimes see in the pics some miscellaneous sparkles... where the higher gloss in the pores contrasts slightly with the overall finish that is more of a satin-gloss.
    stenslager wrote:
    will you send it to europe,,and btw,,it looks great,,fantastic job youve done there,,regards thomas
    Thanks for the compliment Thomas. I have shipped to UK, EU before, but it can be a bit expensive. Please pm me if you'd like to talk more about it.

Cheers,
    Dave
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Dave this looks great, way better than the factory look. Does the Nitro enhance the sound or was this project for cosmetic reasons.
  • Thanks Constantine, I'd have to say BOTH, with sound being the main reason. Seems like the guitar lost five pounds when the poly was taken off! An exaggeration, but trust me, there was a LOT of poly. I really don't like trying to describe sound, because I think it's all so subjective, but I will say the guitar is lighter and somewhat brighter and clearer sounding with the nitro. Strangely a lot of the overtone ringing went away too. For looks? Yeah! I was going for an AJL / Eimer type of thing, and it came out ok :D Thanks again!