DjangoBooks.com

Django's Minor Swing in bite-sized chunks

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
edited April 2011 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 1,854
Django came to me in a dream and told me that he wants to help all the lads out there at djangobooks.com learn to play Minor Swing exactly like he used to play it!

Django's divided it up into bite-sized chunks and will patiently repeat each one for you as often as you want (Command-L)... he'll even slow it right down for you (Command-K)

Django had to leave to give Jesus his daily guitar lesson (Jesus plays klezmer, heavy metal and gypsy jazz; pretty decently, too, according to Django).

His last words were "Bonne chance, gadjos!"

Will
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited October 2010 Posts: 1,854
    Chorus two
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    edited October 2010 Posts: 1,854
    Chorus three

.. and finally chorus four... whew!

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    This is one of the most faithful rendition on youtube IMO. The vibes are right and the Di Mauro sounds so true! A lot to learn from this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eK6foNcoR8