DjangoBooks.com

Swingology YouTube channel

klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
edited November 2010 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 1,665
Nova Scotia's Hot Club band Swingology has just wrapped up a three concert mini-tour celebrating the release of our second CD Under Paris Skies. We've posted some videos of the last two concerts on our YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/swingologyband?feature=mhum and a few of the best ones on our Web site: http://www.swingology.ca/?page_id=873

Here's one of our favorites, the Yiddish classic Joseph! Joseph!:

That's me on the right, playing my fabulous Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan guitar, along with Andrew Connolly on bass, John Tetrault on guitar, and Andrew Kent on violin. We're joined by John Malmström (aka "Smilin' Jack") on clarinet and trés charmante accordioniste Kirsten McDonald.
Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
-- Orson Welles

Comments

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Colin Cosimini has a CD called 'Under Paris skies' too beware of confusion with that when selling ...
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Thanks for the caution, but you know what? 99% of our sales are local, and the people who are buying our CDs have never heard of Colin Cosimini (some of them have never heard of Django!). Nor have they ever heard of the band in Liverpool England called Swingology, who we found out about long after we picked the name. And we haven't had any difficulty with people looking for the Swingology Golf School. So I think it'll be OK. :wink:
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Pearl Django also have a CD titled "Under Paris Skies"
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    I know another Ben Robertson here in Toronto. Just sayin'.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Standards - John Coltrane
    Standards - Mike Stern
    Standards - Bireli Lagrene
    Standards - Lage Lund
    Standards - Mimi Fox
    Standards - Sylvain Luc
    Standards - Art Tatum
    Standards - Grant Green
    Standards - Keith Jarrett
    Standards - Ella Fitzgerald
    Standards - Oscar Peterson
    Standards - Billie Holiday
    Standards - Barney Kessell

etc... etc...
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    ... and a Denis Chang was awarded an honorary Doctor of Laws degree by the University of Bristol in 2005. I wonder how he is on gypsy guitar. Could be very confusing.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Point taken...great photo!

"Klaatu - barada nikto!"
    Gort! Baringa!
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    klaatu wrote:
    ... and a Denis Chang was awarded an honorary Doctor of Laws degree by the University of Bristol in 2005. I wonder how he is on gypsy guitar. Could be very confusing.

My understanding is that the Denis Chang from the UofB, is not very proficient on guitar. As a successful lawyer, however, he does have a lot of female companionship.

The Denis Chang we all know and love is an excellent guitar instructor. ;-)

I understand that Scott Bookman is working on a DVD with Denis Chang the lawyer on "How to get a law degree and meet women".

My understanding is that the Denis Chang from the UofB, is not very proficient on guitar. As a successful lawyer, however, he does have a lot of female companionship.

Wayne, this raises an interesting question. As far as attracting female companionship goes, how does being a lawyer compare to playing gypsy guitar? Could we hear from the GJ community on this: has playing gypsy guitar helped you to attract chicks? (I suspect not).

Perhaps if the goal is to attract chicks, we should get law degrees. It's gotta be easier than learning to play gypsy guitar.
    The Denis Chang we all know and love is an excellent guitar instructor. ;-)
    That he is!!!!
    Benny

-- Orson Welles