DjangoBooks.com

I'll See You in My Dreams

thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in Repertoire Posts: 142
Anyone know where I can find a transcription of Django's brilliant 1939 "I'll See You in My Dreams" solo? I've scoured the internet (and this board) but have come up empty.

Thanks!

Comments

• ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    Hey there Thickpick,

I have so many saved powertab files on my computer it's getting ridiculous. Anyhow, I'm attaching a transcription of the entire song if you have a PC and the powertab software. Not sure if it's the 1939 version, but I'm sure you'll be able to tell once you listen to the file.

:D
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    That's it! Fantastic. Thank you, Shawn.
    No problem. If you have another one your looking for let me know, and I'll see if I have it (I have some fairly obscure Django tunes).
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Shawn,

Do you have Twelfth Year?

Thanks
  • lacrossehotclublacrossehotclub La Crosse WI✭✭✭ Dupont Nomade
    Here's a version, I don't remember the source.

Stevo
    Awesome Stevo, that's the exact one I was going to post, but I also don't remember where I found it. I have another version of Twelfth Year by Angelo Debarre if it helps.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks!

Here's a version of the head by Django that is nice. I'm hoping to find time to do the rest of the choruses eventually.
  • You're a life saver.
    Please tell me you have China Boy. I've been searching everywhere for it.
    Thanks a million
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Unfortunately, no I don't and I don't recall seeing around on line anywhere either.

Post it if you transcribe it. I'd love to do it but I'm pretty backlogged right now.

So many great solos, so little time....
  • djondjon Branford CT Gitane D500
    Hey Shawn-
    Welp, it's been 6 years and the link to the ISUIMYD powertab is no longer good. Would you be so kind as to repost? Thanks a million!

jon