DjangoBooks.com

gitane DG 255 vs cigano GJ 10- comparison-thread

hi guys

I need your help. I was reading on this forum thread where people were comparing DG 255 to Cigano Gj 10. I kind of lost this thread but would like to read it again. can you help me to find this thread? By the way, many people in this thread were claiming that Cigano is better guitar. I couldn't believe it!

Comments

• UltraspontaneUltraspontane ✭✭
    I just bought a GJ-10 from Djangobooks and I'm ecstatic. I love the guitar. It plays and sounds very good. Right out of the box it had 3mm action and just the right amount of fret buzz to give it a good gypsy sound.

I've also played a DG-255 at a music store. The guitar seemed like it was dipped in plastic. I can't comment on the sound because it was strung with the wrong strings. But the workmanship and construction actually seemed inferior to my GJ-10.

I may have gotten a good one out of the batch (thanks Michael!) but I really couldn't be happier with my GJ-10. It was all that I was hoping for and then some.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi Aaron,

Glad you like it! The GJ-10 truly is the "miracle guitar" for Gypsy jazz.

If you'd don't mind, could you post your review in the store?

http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/eco ... GJ-10.html

thanks!

Michael
  • asd123321asd123321 ✭✭✭✭
    The 255 has more expensive wood and wood corners etc. but the GJ 10 sound reflects wood shape changes of a later model