DjangoBooks.com

Django in June 2011 Artists & Staff

andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
edited May 2011 in North America Posts: 134
Hi Folks:
I hope to get a mailing out soon, but for those who are interested, I have updated the Artists & Staff page of the Django in June website and we are ready to start taking registrations for Django Camp.

Just to name a few newcomers who will be on board this year... we'll welcome: Les Doigts De L'Homme for their first visit to the States, Damien Levasseur and a bunch of fine musicians from the Ecole Jazz Manouche de Montreal, and young violin phenom Aaron Weinstein, who will share the violin/mandolin chair with another young player who does our region proud, Jason Anick. There's lots more detail on this page of the website...
http://www.djangoinjune.com/For_musicians/Artists_Staff.htm

I so look forward to sharing the event with you again. Allons-y mes amis!
~Andrew Lawrence
Django in June
Northampton, MA

Comments

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Yes!!! This is the U.S. gypsy jazz event of the year, as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait, and thanks to you, Andrew, for setting it up once again.

Adrian
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Thank you for all of the hard work Andrew - I look forward to attending. When will you be opening the weekend course registration? - as I am unable to take time off work for the full camp. :x

I'll send you an email so I receive the updates.
    Andy
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    WOW! Les Doigts De L'Homme ~ I've been wanting to see them for ages! :D:D:D
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Well c'mon out, Phil. Love to meet you. You wouldn't be the only west coaster to join in the fun.
    ~Andrew
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Just mailed the cheque, Andrew! Looking forward to another fabulous week in Northampton!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    Hey Michael:
    Leading the pack, as usual! Thanks!
    Let's talk one of these days about this year's guitar show, OK?
    Cheers,
    ~Andrew
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Any info about other North America tour dates for Les Doigts De l'homme?
    I checked the site and am having trouble finding the exact address for Django in June. Is it on Smith College campus? I saw that somewhere on the site.
    Bopster asked:
    bopster wrote:
    Any info about other North America tour dates for Les Doigts De l'homme?

They''ll be at the Rochester International Jazz Festival before DiJ, and maybe an afternoon show at Discover jazz in Burlington. I think they are lining up some dates in Canada, too.

sfishman asked:
    sfishman59 wrote:
    I Is it on Smith College campus?

Yep. Almost everything happens on the Smith campus: housing, meals, concerts, classes, jamming...

Cheers,
    ~Andrew
    Django in June
    Would anyone who has attended the camp mind PMing me?