DjangoBooks.com

I'm looking for a particular Robin Nolan book

crothcroth ✭✭
edited January 2011 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 107
From what I can tell, there was an edition of Essential Gypsy Jazz Guitar Licks Volume 2, published in 2005, which is totally different than the newest on, published in 2010.

The edition I'm looking for contains licks on the following tunes:
It Don't Mean a Thing
Honeysuckle Rose
All of Me
I Can't Give You Anything But Love
Manoir Des Mes Reves

Can anyone help hook me up with this edition, or point me to a store that has it? Of course, I am willing to pay for it and would be more than happy to hear from Robin Nolan himself about this if he happens to read this.

Thank you.

Email me at crothman AT optonline DOT net

Comments

• HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Robin is on this forum by the name of Nolan - send him a PM. Such a kind stand-up guy.
  • crothcroth ✭✭
    Yes he is. I had emailed him at the same time as I posted this and he got back to me right away. Apparently, at least as I understood it, Volume 2 as originally planned in 2005 (with the list of tunes I provided above), never got published that way, but instead in its current 2010 form.

Too bad for me. As a beginning gypsy jazz player, I am much more familiar with the originally planned set of tunes knowing 4 of the 5, and not yet as interested in the set as published, though I'm sure they will come with time as my ability grows.
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    As previously posted in other threads http://nuagesdeswing.free.fr/jouer/100_ ... index.html can get you quite far with grilles. Dennis will soon be releasing playalongs - he's teasing us right now with a few. Maybe these songs will be included?