DjangoBooks.com

DJango a GO GO ...this weekend!

Heavy DjangoHeavy Django ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Welcome Posts: 46
Maybe I need a new pair of glasses but I've searched through this forum and do not see any mention of this NYC festival and workshops anywhere. And finding the lineup with schedules is equally as challenging via Stephane's website (and google!).

From what I have heard, Adrien Moingard will be there tomorrow (Saturday) as well as Les Doigts de L'Homme....is this correct? Any detailed help with facts and play times would be greatly appreciated!

My apologies if this info was posted anywhere earlier, but time is running out to make travel plans...

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Hi Tom! I didn't get the word until too late to get there, but have a great time!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Django-a-Go-Go is over, and it was awesome. The highlight for me was the Zaiti show Saturday night.

I just noticed Joe's Pub (the venue) has posted full video of some of the shows. Here's the Friday night Zaiti show, with Adrien Moignard and Benoit Convert:

http://www.livestream.com/joespub/video ... 085a8d8818

They've also posted videos of Babik, Hot Club of Detroit, Alfonso Ponticelli and Sinti Swing (Sebastien Felix's band).

Adrian
  • Adrian....you were up front and center at that Saturday show?

My whole band left a gig to see the Zaiti gig on Saturday and sat upstairs. The singer/lead player and I had the geek out spots on the wall. Ben and Adrian Moignard were absurdly good. Singer is French so he was chatting up Moignard after the show and invited him down to our regular gig in Jersey City. Fat chance, but you never know.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    jkaz wrote:
    Adrian....you were up front and center at that Saturday show?

Yes, that was me! And a bunch of other DjangoBooks forum-posters were sitting in the tables around me -- Ben W., Tom L., Dave G.