DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    again, i´m intrigued... who could have built that? it sounds so yummi-yummi!!

off-topic: the skilfully antiqued part - it looks like someone let my 20 months old son play with it for a while...
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    No, it looks more like Zorro tried to inscribe his initial on the back of the guitar when drunk... :D
  • BobBob New
    My cat does the "skillfully antiqued" part very well when annoyed.
    Bob.
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how much a refin would cost? ;-)

I feel the same way about the expensive reliced electric guitars. People cringe when you ask "hey nice guitar! wonder what a refin would cost?"

cheers
  • SteveGSteveG ✭✭
    I'm puzzled. Michael wrote in http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/eco ... e-943.html the following:
    "In honor of Django's 100th birthday (January 23, 2010) the Selmer corporation had the idea to reissue 10 more Selmer guitars. They approached one of the most accomplished luthiers in France and had him build two prototypes. The first one, #881, is now owned by Bireli Lagrene...(There is a) ...second prototype which is #943. Selmer was very impressed with these replicas but in the end decided it was too much trouble to get back into the guitar business after all these years. So these two prototypes are all that was built. "

-Is this another from the same batch?
    -Is it by the same (unnamed) luthier?
    -Is the number 593 an indication that this replica is modelled after guitars made during the WW2 years?
    -Is this guitar sanctioned by Selmer, commissioned by Selmer, or merely rejected by them as a bad idea?

I'd sure like to hear more!
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    Also availabe..."authentic" Minor Swing 78' replica (replica inaudible due to replicated scratching)
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Seems strange that Selmer aren't interested in getting back into the guitar bizz? Even if they farmed out the work, there's obviously a lot of strength in the brand. Nice looking axe. The relic work seems a little heavy handed for my taste. Fender hit a home run with their reissues and relics. Surely the folks at Selmer don't have their heads completely in the sand? Is their logo the same as on their saxes? Maybe they'll do it some time in the future...a dollar short and a day late. Didn't they market some electric guitas and amps in the 60's?
    Swang on, :?
  • noodlenotnoodlenot ✭✭✭
    my vote would go (again) for barault.