DjangoBooks.com

Complete Django solo Yeux Noirs/ Dark Eyes

HemertHemert Prodigy
edited March 2011 in Welcome Posts: 264
Hello Gypsy Jazzers,

For everyone that ever wanted to learn the wonderful Django solo on "Les Yeux Noirs" (Dark Eyes). Ya know, this one:

Lessons for this are now online at the http://rosenbergacademy.com/. Complete transcription with Stochelo's fingerings and pick directions. Stochelo demonstrates EVERY lick slowly and gives some tips!

BTW: use Safari/FireFox or Internet Explorer to visit the Rosenberg Academy. Google Chrome appears to be unstable with the site!

Comments

• HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Fabulous video! :D

Off topic, but what kind of pick does Stochelo use? How many mm?
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    His pick of choice is a 1.8 mm Wegen "Big City" pick: http://www.wegenpicks.com/
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I've never been able to get the hang of the timing for that intro.

Can anyone give me a hint as to the timing/feel?

thanks
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    The complete intro is transcribed, rhythms, fingerings and pick directions included!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I like the split screen on the video.

I wonder if it would be better if you could see a little more of Stochelos forearm to get a better feel for his right hand technique???

thanks
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    see a little more of Stochelos forearm

So glad i have discovered the Stochelo replies to Bones weird request thread :shock:

Try youtube man, lots of hardcore forearm Stochelo action there...or did you expect a re editing job on an entire video series because you cannot get it?
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    Stochelo's uses his arm and wrist for different things. Wrist action is for picking and the movement of his arm is for changing strings. If you pay attention to this while practicing technique (practice the different movements in isolation and be efficient) you will lay the foundation for speed and precision. These things are explained and demonstrated in the technique course at RA.
  • zeddyfreezeddyfree The Netherlands, near UtrechtNew
    Wasn't there the promise of a song pack option instead of monthly sub?
    I might be interested in that ;)

Thanks
  • HemertHemert Prodigy
    Yes, there was! It turned out to be too much of a hassle to include that because then we would have to make all the videos downloadable. We were adviced against it by the website designer. So instead we included a 3-day pass which is not quite the same but you can still get the transcriptions for a cheaper price than a 3 months membership AND you would have access to the forum for three days (which is a great place to ask any questions you might have).
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, Red, weird reply. Why would your mind even go there?

It was just a suggestion to possibly improve the split screen.

No obviously I don't expect them to re-shoot or re-edit anything. Just a suggestion for future videos if they think it would make an improvement.

The genre is very dependent on right hand technique which is what I think they are trying to show with the split screen and I think that the way the gypsies teach it is to watch and listen to try to get a feel for the technique.