DjangoBooks.com

Django/ Recording quality over the years?

StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in History Posts: 349
As much as I enjoy listening to Django, I find the primitive recording quality on the early stuff hard to take at times. I always wonder how astounding it would be to hear those sessions recorded using today's technology of recording acoustic guitars. When I listen to comtemporary GJ the guitar tones are so much clearer and upfront in the mix... and not buried, like on some of Django's earlier stuff. Obviously all the digital reverb, compression and multi-track boards make a huge difference. I can hear a noticable improvement in Django's sound in the 40's and then he started using his Stimer, so it's difficult to compare from that point forward, though some of the Stimer stuff is a little overdriven and distorted, probably from pushing his little tube amp too hard.
Swang on,

Comments

• pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    The stuff he recorded at Abbey Rd is really good (sound-quality wise)... I mean obviously it's really good in other aspects too, it is Django, after all.