DjangoBooks.com

SOLD GJ-15 D-hole, mint with HSC & upgraded tuners

sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
edited July 2011 in Classifieds Posts: 415
I have a GJ-15, mint with brown Golden Gate hardshell case, also mint. The guitar has been upgraded with brown leather under the tailpiece and Gotoh tuners (same model as on the Jorgenson 330).

Plays and sounds great, really loud. I'm just not playing it.

$350 + shipping from Philly.

John

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Sockeye, is that the Cigano you used to bring to our jams in Jersey? If so, I can attest that it is the best Cigano I have personally heard. It plays great, too. I had a very good D-500 at the time and I thought Sockeye's Cigano was even better.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Hi Michael,

Yes, it's a great sounding guitar and has only gotten better. However, while I am still listening to GJ a lot, I am not playing it (or attempting to). So for some time, it's just been another case in the way and another instrument to keep humidifier in the winter.

If anyone in the Philly area is interested, you should cone check it out. Has a nice top arch, lightweight bridge, and a really wonderful neck.

John
  • BigBbopBigBbop New
    Hi,

Did you buy your guitar from this site? I might be interested. I have never had a Gypsy Jazz guitar but the more I listen to this music the more I want to try it out. How long have you had the guitar? Is the action good on the instrument? How about posting some pictures?

Thanks for your time,

~Brendan
    BigBbop wrote:
    Hi,

Did you buy your guitar from this site? I might be interested. I have never had a Gypsy Jazz guitar but the more I listen to this music the more I want to try it out. How long have you had the guitar? Is the action good on the instrument? How about posting some pictures?

Thanks for your time,

~Brendan

Yes, I am not sure exactly when but I got it a couple of years ago. It is like new. I will try to take & post some photos tonight.

The action is perfect -- around 3-3.5mm...I haven't measured but it's just right for this style. These Ciganos are plainer than the Gitanes but I find they sound much better...I think it's the neck angle, top arch and the very thin finish.

thanks,
    John
    IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG
    Price drop to $350 including shipping to continental US.

thanks
  • B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
    Sockeye -
    I'd be buying your's as a good deal, if I didn't already own an old D-500. I play mine alot even though I have two 670 - 675 mm scale better GJ guitars! Very nice to have a 12 fret around since it requires less hand strength and stretch due to the shorter scale length! You can grab it at any time under ANY conditions when hearing a melody or riff on the radio or mp3 that you'd like to figure out!
    ...............Rocky
  • KarenAnnKarenAnn Virginia✭✭
    Can anyone tell me how this guitar compares to a Dupont MD-50? (you all can quit laughing now )
    I don't mean sound and quality wise. And I know it is 12 fret and D hole. What I am wondering about is the width of the neck and the profile of the back of the neck. I have shorter fingers and the width of the MD-50 is good for me. And it is very flat on the back, which I like. But I travel for work a good bit. Mostly by car. I just can't see exposing the Dupont to the heat etc.. But I hate being without on the road..My teacher suggested the Nomade since it could break down for when I fly. But that is still a good chunk of money. I am considering this one, but have no idea about the size. I would welcome any suggestions too. thanks,
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    the neck is a lot thinner & flatter on the back than a dupont. Almost feels like an ibanez!!
    Sold locally...