DjangoBooks.com

Jams or Events in NYC in August?

seeirwinseeirwin ✭✭✭ AJL J'attendrai | AJL Orchestra
edited July 2011 in North America Posts: 115
Hello Everyone,

I'm getting dragged to New York city for a good friend's wedding, and I'll be bringing my gypsy guitar with me. Are there any of you that are interested in jamming? Or any regular events? Or other gypsy jazz things to do?

Thanks!

Comments

• GuillaumeGuillaume New York, NYNew
    What dates are you going to be in town? I get back to NYC from a trip on Aug 8th, so I'm game for jamming anytime after that. jkaz, are you game?

Check out Stephane Wrembel's schedule, he plays around town almost every night. Also check out Darius Scheider : http://www.myspace.com/dariusscheider
  • Sure, I'd love to.

We also do a regular gig on Thursdays in Jersey City, a very short train ride from Manhattan.
  • seeirwinseeirwin ✭✭✭ AJL J'attendrai | AJL Orchestra
    Right now, it looks like I'll be there from the 10th to the 14th. I would love to get together if anyone is interested.
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    I'd be happy to host something for everyone during that time- either at my place or a nearbye bkln location. Let me know what yous guys figure out! I might have a gig or two by then as well!
    B.
    I'll be around all of august besides the 7th - 15th, always up for jamming.
  • Sounds like this is happening.
  • BobFaillaBobFailla Jersey City, NJ✭✭
    Hey jkaz!! Where do you play in JC? Is it Madame Claudes? I live near there.
  • javierjavier New
    Yeah, I'd love to watch/listen to you guys jam. Sounds fun.
  • seeirwinseeirwin ✭✭✭ AJL J'attendrai | AJL Orchestra
    Can you NYCers do it on either the night of Thursday the 11th or Friday the 12th of August? My plans have changed around a bit and I won't be able to jam after the wedding on Saturday.
  • Bob- yes. Stop by and say hi. The leader is out of town for the next few weeks so it will be more jazz than gj. If we haven't met over there, I'm Jim, the non- French glasses wearing guitar player in M. Bag.