DjangoBooks.com

Robin Nolan Gig Book

Jez TanJez Tan SingaporeNew
edited November 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 39
Hi, I m keen on getting Robin Nolan's A5 gig book but there's no website that can give me a clue of whether 'For Sephora' from his Volume 3 is included in that anthology, can anyone guide me along? Thank you!
Tough time doesn't last, tough man does. Practice!

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes...for Sephora is in the Gig book!

'm
  • archtoparchtop Portland, OR
    Michael,

Is there anywhere I can find more info on the gig book? the full list of songs, format etc?

How does this compare to the play along book series?

Cheers,
    Tim
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    One big difference: it doesn't come with a CD. For the most part (follow the links below to see what's different) the gig book uses the charts from the individual playalong series, but with some tunes dropped and others added. It's also about half the size of the individual books, laid out with a chord chart on one side of the spiral and a basic melody on the other. No standard notation; Robin's idiosyncratic Tab only.

http://www.hotclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2193
    http://www.hotclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2163

Best,
    Jack.
  • archtoparchtop Portland, OR
    Jack,

Many thanks for the great insights and the links to the hotclub forum - another new place for me to fritter away more time instead of practicing (or working)

Cheers
    Tim
  • Jez TanJez Tan SingaporeNew
    Thanks, at least now I have a clue on which books to purchase on the website!

Btw, Michael, how do u charge overseas shipping of multiple items? Cos it wasn't reflect in the total, and I am quite hesitant to send my credit card no before knowing the full cost. Pls advice!
    Tough time doesn't last, tough man does. Practice!