DjangoBooks.com

Moignard lick

spirospiro Zagreb, CroatiaNew
edited October 2011 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 114
Hello,

Can anyone transcribe the lick from the Stochelo & Moignad video of What is this thing called love?

The lick is played by Moignard from 1:48 - 1:50sec

Thanks

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    If you can post the mp3 clip I'll give it a try.
  • spirospiro Zagreb, CroatiaNew
    Sorry, I forgot to post a link :)

Dont have mp3, just the link to youtube vid...

Thanks
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    http://www.mediafire.com/?91iiwu2890n5l5a

I'm sure there is a better way to share my tab stuff with people than the above url/hosting deal. Anyone care to enlighten me?
  • spirospiro Zagreb, CroatiaNew
    oh, yes, that wasnt hard.

Thank you
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 1,854
    Well, Richter, one answer to your question is that while you can't do the treble clef notation, a lot of posters just put their tab stuff right into the text boxes here at Djangobooks.com.

It's not that hard, just use the ------- key (it's to the right of the "zero" key on my keyboard, though if you use, say, a French keyboard, it's likely somewhere different.)

Just make a bunch of lines of -------- (or you can copy and paste mine)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and then replace some of the ----- with whatever number you want. You'll have to keep erasing the extra ------ marks at the end of each line, though, to make the rh side look nice.

Now to my real comment... yes, these eyes have actually witnessed Adrien Moignard doing his unbelievable "up-sweeping", but I've never had the nerve to actually try it.

Has anyone else been brave enough to work on this technique?

Could you master it?

How long did it take you?
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Well, for those of us coming from a jazz background that up sweep technique is more practiced than the rest stroke on string changes.

The more I'm transcribing the more I'm realizing alternate picking is often used by Stochelo and Adrien, but not at string changes or going up the neck on an arpeggio or dozens of other scenarios.
    By the way, if we could do attachments we could do html versions of guitar pro 5 and upload them right onto the site. If you click my link above they would look very similar to that.

Do you have to be around longer to add attachments?
  • Carefully watching Stochelo play leads me to say that while he does use lots of upstrokes particularly at speed don't underestimate how fast he can pick using mostly downstrokes. I am still in awe. Rest stop picking style does incorprate some upstrokes

I have never seen Stochelo use alternate picking technique no matter how softly he has played. Anyone else care to chime in on this aspect
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    I'm currently doing some transcribing of Stochelo and am looking very carefully at it. I'll post my findings. I wish I could show pick direction with guitar pro tab software, maybe I'll figure out how to do that. It's a whole skill in and of itself working with the tab software. !uggg!