DjangoBooks.com

Doug Munro and La Pompe Attack A Very Gypsy Christmas

Comments

• Pugs47Pugs47 New
    I Love this CD (shameless self promotion!)!
  • Pugs47Pugs47 New
    The Wall Street Journal online edition, with Mark Myers (online.wsj.com) Thursday 12/8 featured "A Very Gypsy Christmas" as one of the five best New Christmas CDs this year. The CD by La Pompe Attack features Doug Munro on solo guitar, Ernie Pugliese on rhythm guitar, Michael Goetz on bass and special guests; Cyrille Aimee on vocals, Ken Peplowski on clarinet and Howie Bujese on violin. "A Very Gypsy Christmas" is avail at www.djangobooks.com.
  • Pugs47Pugs47 New
    IMHO, anything that gets this genre out to a wider audience is a good thing. I've been on this forum for a number of years. You can check out La Pompe Attack by searching that on youtube, we are less than a year young and play in the NY metro area. I also back up Shepp of Ameranouche frequently when he's in the Delaware Valley. Maybe you've heard of him/them since you are in NE.
  • Pugs47Pugs47 New
    Sorry Kermitt, wrong geographical area!
  • Pugs47Pugs47 New
    Thx for the best wishes. It was also reviewed in Just Jazz Guitar and a number of other places as well. I sense that your comments may have had a political undercurrent. But it is a mass audience media vehicle and hopefully gets Gypsy Jazz to a broader audience. That helps everyone IMHO. :D
    Pugs47 wrote:
    I Love this CD (shameless self promotion!)!

i usually stay away from christmas music. i checked out the samples on amazon.. noticed the absence of relentless jingling bells and bought it.

great disc! the whole family is enjoying it here.

cheers.
  • Pugs47Pugs47 New
    Thank You Vipermad77. It really swings hard!