DjangoBooks.com

Transcription: Raphael Fay - La Derniere Heure

ChristopherChristopher Upstate New YorkNew
edited November 2005 in Repertoire Posts: 4
If you would like a transcription of this solo piece by Raphael Fay, please send me and e-mail and I will send you the powertab file.

Christopher Brown

Comments

• BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    Hi Christopher,
    please send me your transcription via pm. It is a very nice idea to share selfmade transcriptions!

Hi to all,
    seeing that little typo in Christophers post ("Fay" instead of "Fays"), I wonder if the surnames "Fays" (Raphael, Louis Fays) and/or "Vees" (Eugene Vees) are synonymous with "Weiss" (Joseph Weiss, Häns´che Weiss, Martin Weiss etc.).

Does anybody have solid informations about this?

Best,
    Barengero
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Hi Christopher,

I would like very much to have your transcription too. It is very generous from you, there are not so much transcriptions of his works.

Hi Barengero,

I believe the exact way to write it is Raphaël Faÿs, it was at least the way it appeared on his first records. It is very unusual to have this sign : ¨ above the letter y (in fact I don't know any french word with a ÿ).
    I have nothing solid about it, but I believe to have heard or read it was the same name or same origin.
    In fact Faÿs is probably an attempt to reproduce a germanic pronunciation of Weiss, when Vées is a transcription of the french way to pronounce it.
    By the way, if you could send me a scan of the music sheet of 'Bei mir Bist du Schöen' you offered recently on this site, I would be very grateful.

François RAVEZ (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->)