DjangoBooks.com

Jazz Partout - some new videos

kimmokimmo Helsinki, Finland✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 170
Jazz Partout is a Gypsy Jazz group from Finland consisting of three jazz musicians and - me. I just uploaded some videos of our latest gig into http://www.youtube.com/user/jazzpartoutkimmo
and I'm going to add some more in the coming days. Here's a sample of our repertoire: one med. up swing, one waltz and a slow latin. That Lisa-marie is a real gem, I just wonder why it doesn't get played more often.

Dinette:

La Foule:

Lisa-Marie

Comments

• Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭
    Great performances. I thoroughly enjoyed Dinette. You're right about Lisa-Marie.

I really enjoy the instrument lineup. The mellow sound of the Electric guitar, the classic Acoustic guitar, the bright sound of the Accordion which is a great replacement for the Violin and the traditional upright bass.

A lot of possibilities with the lineup of instruments, as evidenced by these videos.
  • kimmokimmo Helsinki, Finland✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for your kind comments, I'm glad you like our playing. I'm also quite pleased with this mix of instruments: every player has his own distinctive tonal range, which makes it easier to hear everybody else while playing.

I have now uploaded a couple more videos from the same gig. I'm a bit in the dark corner, so you can't really see it, but I remember having smiled a lot during this gig, just for the joy of playing this music with these guys.
  • Dario NapoliDario Napoli Milano✭✭✭✭ Hahl Gitano Deluxe
    Great stuff!! The sounds a re wonderful, and the playing, congratulations!
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Love the sound and feel on Lisa-Marie. Is that an original? I also found it on your CD on Spotify. Sounds great! AE
  • kimmokimmo Helsinki, Finland✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the comments, I'm really flattered by your compliments.

Lisa-Marie is written by Robert Gaguenetti (Ritary's father). Ritary recorded it on his CD Ma Melodie, which is next to impossible to get anymore (and it's not on iTunes or Spotify etc either), so that pretty much explains, why no-one else plays it. I heard Ritary's band play it in Samois about five years ago. When the B-section melody started, there was first a common whispering ooh in the audience and then most of the women started drying their tears. Just magical...