DjangoBooks.com

NEW PHOTO SECTION!

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
edited October 2012 in Photos Posts: 765
Thanks to Michael for setting up this new PHOTO section, please use this section to post your gypsy-jazz related photos... cheers, Phil

(Please note: all images are copyright and belong to the photographer, unless otherwise stated. For any questions, please contact the individual photographer, thank you).

Comments

• jon skyjon sky New
    I have Pics
    These are some of the handmade guitars I made under the appreneship of Collins Guitars
    Shaunie33
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    NIce looking guitars! Love the sunburst. Not quite a traditional GJ finish, but they sure do look nice when the pop up. :)
    Swang on,
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Busato did a few guitars in sunburst as far back as the '30s. I pIayed one a Jacques Mazzoleni's place. I know Rodrigo Shopis has one model that he has done in sunburst as well. I think they look good.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • jon skyjon sky New
    Hi
    verry glad to see the sunburst is'nt a turn off.This one was sent to "Hot strings" music shop New Haven Conn.
    jOn sKy
  • jon skyjon sky New
    This is a new in lay
    Ive designed it for my daughter she likes orchids.This one is on a "Gib " style 000 Nick Lucas repreduction
    jOn sKy
  • jon skyjon sky New
    final sanding and cleanup is done after the machines are drilled
    The Knoxville Gypsy Jazz scene combines traditional Manouche with Flow Arts (spinners and hoopers.)

This small city in Tennessee has more gypsy jazz bands than Atlanta, Miami, and Charlotte combined. And they have their own take on the genre. It's a party scene and scores of dancers, spinners, and hoopers arrive to SWINGBOOTY shows to enjoy the infectious beats of Django and Grappelli inspired music –-until the wee hours of the morning. The venues are glowing with LED lights and the eclectic crowds range from college kids to people who grew up in the Swing era.

To hear songs by SWINGBOOTY go to: http://www.reverbnation.com/swingbooty
    Shaunie33
  • plexi69plexi69 New

Wow, that looks cool!

• edited May 2022 Posts: 4,730

I'd be lying if I said I was knew this section existed.

PS though I see some threads in it I remember but I wasn't aware it's a part of dedicated photo section of the forum.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

There is the "guitar archive" section, maybe that's what it refers to?